Author Topic: iCamWeb works fine - iPad version doesn't - any thoughts?  (Read 3519 times)

nigels0

• View Profile
iCamWeb works fine - iPad version doesn't - any thoughts?
« on: April 26, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »
Hi,

I have two Macs at two locations - one with 4 IP Cams connected, and one with 7, (both connected with the same login/password) and while I get to see all 11 cameras through iCamweb reliably, trying to access the cameras through the iPad app is intermittent - with the screen splitting to 16 blocks (which is correct) but only occasionally one or two of the pictures from one source being available, but more often, the "One or More..." message coming up.

Both iCamSource apps on the macs show they are connected to the server. The iPad is on the same network as the mac I'm using to check iCamWeb. Changing the user name on both sets of cameras doesn't seem to make any difference.

Closing the local iCamSource makes two of the remote cams from the other iCamSource turn up! I'm using version 2.2.2.1.

Do you guys have any idea?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:10:07 AM by nigels0 »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamWeb works fine - iPad version doesn't - any thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 09:19:54 PM »
Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

nigels0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 10:29:42 AM »
OK, I have tried with both on and off for both sources.

On the remote iCamSource, i get: UPnP Dual NAT Ext_ip 192.168.1.196
On the local one I get: NAT -PMP 3,-7,61 - switching that on stops any pictures coming through! (same with the remote I think too)

Is there a way of deleting the preferences file? I suspect that MobileMe sync has overwritten one of the preferences files between the two machines - hence the reason I seem to get sometimes the images from the second iCamSource...

Also it is odd that iCamWeb seems to get both iCamSources OK without any problem on my mac connected on the same router as the iPad. Do you know why this is?

PS: and while I'm at it, could we have a future option to choose the orientation of the screen - I always prefer the screen the other way up! :)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 11:04:46 PM »
If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and let me know what it says your external IP address is then I can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.

Another thing to try would be to connect the two iCamSources with one camera each to if you get a more reliable connection.

nigels0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 01:19:50 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. The two IP addresses for the two iCamSources are:

Local: 90.193.202.251
Remote: 88.17.100.227

I've also tried removing all but one camera on both iCamSources, but I still only get the local image - although iCamweb finds both (as usual!)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 11:13:20 AM »
We'd like to try a test to replicate the issue. Please send an email to support@skjm.com and refer to this forum thread.

Thanks.