Author Topic: iCamSource Saving to a Google Drive Folder - A Problem  (Read 1601 times)

lmco_eng

• View Profile
iCamSource Saving to a Google Drive Folder - A Problem
« on: October 12, 2013, 03:02:40 PM »
I have tried having iCamSource (version 2.7.1) save the motion-event images from three Foscam cameras into three separate folders on my Mac.  The main folder is a Google Drive folder.

It seems  like a bright idea, right?  I can see my cameras' images from anywhere I have access to a web browser.

The problem?  I keep getting a Google Drive popup that halts syncing until I acknowledge the popup.  The popup header prompts, "Move to Google Drive trash?", and states, "Items you recently moved from your Google Drive folder have been moved to your trash on drive.google.com". The prompt is, "OK, move to trash" or "Undo".  Clicking "Undo" doesn't leave any files or folders to peruse.

It seems iCamSource creates in the background some sort of temporary file, or files, each time it creates a new folder to contain images of a new motion event.  So, every new motion event causes Google to show the popup.

Does anyone use iCamSource and Google drive together?  Does anyone else experience this problem and know how to tell Google to just do it already?  I don't need or want the popup.  I've searched the web and it seems no one has figured out a way to get the popup to stop.

Help!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource Saving to a Google Drive Folder - A Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 09:43:29 AM »
iCamSource only deletes images when it reaches its threshold.

It looks like there is a way to disable that warning, here: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/drive/dP44DklCxoc