Author Topic: iCamsource on XP works at first, but camera eventually freezes!  (Read 2339 times)

waylo

• View Profile
I am running icamsource on my Windows XP system.  I am using a quite old, but serviceable, Aiptek VGA Trio camera through USB (http://www.aiptek.com/drivers/pc0vplus/).

I have run v1.4.25 beta, 1.4.2, as well as 1.4.1, but I'm running into the same problem.

Essentially, icamsource runs fine to begin with.  No connection problems, the image looks great on the iphone.

But eventually (hard to say how long, hours sometimes?) the camera apparently freezes and no longer sends an updated image.  iCam on the iphone shows essentially a static photo, though the clock in the upper left keeps ticking.

When I pull up icamsource, there is no image in the preview window.  Usually it's just the background desktop showing through in fact, a big square cut-out in the icamsource control screen.

I can stop the camera.  When I try to restart, I get the error 14.  When I quit out of icamsource, I get the following error:

.NET-BroadcastEventWindow.2.0.0.0.378734a.0: iCamSource.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x039e82c0" referenced memory at "0x03a82fe4."  The memory could not be "read".

If I unplug the camera from USB and plug it back in again, it works once again no problems!  For a while.

Is this a camera driver problem?  I doubt there will be any updates as this camera was literally bought ~10 years ago.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamsource on XP works at first, but camera eventually freezes!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 05:20:34 PM »
Is your webcam plugged directly into your computer as opposed to into a USB hub or extension cable? Have you tried plugging it in to another USB port?

waylo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 05:36:14 PM »
It is plugged directly into the computer on the front panel (no additional hub).  Don't have any additional USB slots, but I'll try moving them around just to check.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 02:11:22 PM »
It may be an issue with the camera driver, or just the camera itself, if it is pretty old.