Author Topic: Multiply same cameras/Only one shows in list.  (Read 1720 times)

xboxerover8

• View Profile
Multiply same cameras/Only one shows in list.
« on: October 18, 2014, 07:20:16 AM »
Hi all and thanks for providing this space to help solve my problem.

I have used this program last time I went away and it let go interstate and rest knowing I could check home.

Okay going away again and I have obtained four PS3 eye webcams they were cheap ($20 the lot) and have good image.
Now camera shows up in the list, if you click start it shows pic of one cam click stop unplug usb and click start and it will jump to the other cam.

I thought the answer would be to change the name in Dev Man. so I canged the decsriptor and friendly name, so the name in device manager is now"PS3Eye Camera1" and "PS3Eye Camera2" yet iCam still only shows "PS3Eye Camera"

Oh and one thing that is suprising is that the audio can tell that there are seperate microphones. giving them different names .

Thank you
Ian.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiply same cameras/Only one shows in list.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 08:19:42 PM »
Are your webcams plugged into a USB hub or extension cable? It may be an issue with your computer's USB bus not being able to power more than three cameras at the same time. Have you tried plugging in the USB webcams into a different USB port or unplugging any other USB peripherals? Most computers can usually only handle two or three USB webcams simultaneously. For multiple cameras, we generally recommend using network IP cameras instead.

We discuss the recommended cameras on our forum at: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=908.0

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.