Author Topic: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error  (Read 238329 times)

mitsukuni

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2011, 11:26:25 PM »
I have Stefan helping via email now, but thanks again for all your suggestions. I did try the port checker program, and it did indeed show that only 12000 was open... (I poked some more holes in my firewall and then saw the ports open, but still no joy over 3G). I'll update this thread when we get this solved.

Cheers
Phil

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2011, 12:10:29 AM »
Have you tried turning off your firewall again since opening more ports? Did you confine the ports in icamsource to those that are definitely open and then reboot router? Hope you guys get it figured out. I'm sure Stefan will have you up and running in no time.

austinbyrne

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2011, 11:37:43 AM »
Are the iPhone and the computer running iCamWeb connected to the same local network?

Yes, only computer is running icamweb I am trying to use iCam iPhone app on iPhone 4

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2011, 08:51:49 PM »
austinbyrne - Sorry, I didn't quite follow your reply.  Are the iPhone4 and the computer connected to the same Wi-Fi network?

austinbyrne

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2011, 08:55:22 PM »
Yea both are on same wifi, my iPad also gets the same error.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2011, 12:27:34 PM »
Unfortunately, the only possible fixes need to be done on the computer running iCamSource.  The first thing to try is to enable the Auto-Config Router option in iCamSource.  If that doesn't resolve the problem, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

mitsukuni

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2011, 07:18:12 PM »
Just wanted to update this thread - thanks so much to OUAnthony and Stefan for helping me sort through this...

It now works over wifi and 3G!! What I ended up doing (as per suggested) was to completely set my router back to default settings, after turning off port forwarding and auto config on the iCamSource program. I then began rebuilding my network one thing at a time, checking for conflicts as I went. I was able to put my wireless network back on the air, D-link's Shareport utility to network-share my printer, and my Airport Express (in client mode) to feed my home theater. All of these work with iCamSource, with a firewall running, and the network secure...

To say I'm happy with the tech support is an understatement. Stefan (and Anthony) went above and beyond to help this newbie get it working. Now I can check on my young dog in her run, from my phone, from ANYWHERE!

Thanks again guys. The product is great - the people behind the product are even better!!

Cheers
Phil

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2011, 10:16:21 PM »
Glad you got it working Phil! I'm sure you already knew this, but I don't work for SKJM. I just try to help people out so Stefan and Jay can spend more time coding new updates. :) I freakin' love this program, combined with Dropbox for off-site backup of the motion events...makes a great security system. The other day, a house down the street from me was broken into. I talked to the cops, and they didn't have any security cameras. Bummer! While I know iCam won't keep anyone from breaking in, I sleep much better knowing that I will have pictures of anyone who does break in. Granted, that'll be the least of their worries if I'm home when they break in...hello shotgun. lol But I'll echo what you've said...these guys provide great customer service, as evidenced by the fact that they help you set your network up. Network engineers charge a pretty penny for their services. To puchase a $5 program and get that kind of help at no extra cost says a lot about their character. I bet if you needed similar help with a Microsoft network-related program, they'd charge you a pretty penny for that kind of help. Let's just hope Stefan and Jay don't ever get blinded by $$$$ signs. haha

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2011, 11:16:22 AM »
 ;D

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2011, 04:34:07 PM »
I cant get this to connect on my iphone at all either through wifi or 3g either on windows vista computer or macbook. Firewalls have been turned off and still no luck.

Please advise, thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2011, 07:44:54 PM »
What error message are you seeing when you are unable to connect: No Sources Found, Broker Connection Error, or Source Connection Error?

You may also find the "Troubleshooting" section of the iCam Help pages useful: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php

If you are seeing the Source Connection Error, have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource? If so, what status message appears after you have clicked the Start button? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2011, 08:24:07 PM »
It's the source connection error.

When I click auto config camsource doesn't connect to your server at all just keeps saying connecting with no message above auto config

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2011, 09:32:52 PM »
Have you enabled uPNP on your router and rebooted it?

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2011, 09:12:29 AM »
Have enabled upnp it worked for a split second then icamsource crashed now it just keeps saying source connection error again  ???

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2011, 02:33:18 PM »
when is a good time to catch you on this as it is taking too long to get this sorted, I'm not getting anywhere!