Author Topic: Source Connection Error in Hotel Room Wifi  (Read 1809 times)

pidge1114

• View Profile
Source Connection Error in Hotel Room Wifi
« on: July 27, 2009, 07:27:04 AM »
I am trying to get this to work as a baby monitor at a hotel where they offer free Wifi.  I can surf the web no problem, and the connection seems very fast.  When i tried to get iCam to work, it did initially, but now all I get is the "one or more iCamSources by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to' error.

Is this because of the settings in the hotel's router?  Firewall issue?  Or is there something I can do on my end to get this to work?

m411

Re: Source Connection Error in Hotel Room Wifi
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 09:26:13 AM »
Broker Connection Error

This error message usually indicates that iCam on your iPhone or iPod touch cannot communicate with the iCam Broker Server. This is most likely due to a poor Internet connection (due to a weak cellular signal) or your network not allowing outgoing UDP communication. We can confirm the issue if you go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from your iPhone or iPod touch and e-mail support@skjm.com what is says your device's external IP address is.

You can also try connecting via both 3G/EDGE and WiFi, if available, to see if you achieve a different result.

Email support with your IP and they will sort it out for you. I have a feeling that its not working because of the hotel wireless not allowing outgoing UDP communication.