Author Topic: iCam kills Gmail video?  (Read 2192 times)

Oman

• View Profile
iCam kills Gmail video?
« on: October 01, 2009, 10:06:02 PM »
Prior to installing the iCam software I was able to use Gmail video chat feature without any problem. I installed iCam on my laptop and my desktop to monitor my house. Recently I wanted to chat with my son over Gmail video chat and now it will not load. I removed the iCam software and reinstalled it and my Gmail video chat still does not work. My GF did not install the iCam software on her computer and her video chat still works.  Has anyone else experienced this problem or have a working Gmail video Chat while having the iCam software installed? I believe iCam caused this problem because it is the only difference between my GF computer and mines. We have mostly the same software on our computers. We both use Windows based computers.

Can the makers of iCam look into this issue and see if they can resolve it?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam kills Gmail video?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 12:31:14 PM »
Are you trying to run the iCamSource and Gmail Video Chat at the same time? There may be an issue with they applications "fighting over" your webcam, so closing the iCamSource should prevent that from happening when you want to use video chat.

Oman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 01:29:02 PM »
No, I am not trying to run them at the same time. As previously stated the problem persisted after I removed the iCam software. I guess the only way I can prove my theory is to strong arm my GF into installing the iCam software on her computer and see if it kills her Gmail video chat as well. I will get back to you with what I find.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 06:53:16 PM »
That is a strange issue. If the iCamSource is completely uninstalled then it should have any affect on other applications.

Does your webcam work with any other webcam-based application?