Author Topic: iCamQV - QuickView  (Read 1823 times)

Grumpa

• View Profile
iCamQV - QuickView
« on: February 06, 2012, 05:14:49 AM »
Greetings.
Is there a way of creating an iCam QuickView (iCamQV) version? This would be a really lightweight (emphasis lightweight) "video/audio server" that turns on a PC's/Mac's camera when accessed remotely, and turns it off when the App (iPhone/iPad/Android) is closed. In other words it is auto-answer, auto-close capable. This is strickly for those of us who might want a periodic "quick view" of our remote cameras - one at a time. I for one, no longer want all my cameras active all the time (even though the PCs are on). iCamQV could have In-App purchases for additional features if needed.
Thanks.

rjgvt

• View Profile
Re: iCamQV - QuickView
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 05:35:00 AM »
IP cameras might work for what you want to do. I have one that is not running on Icamsource, it's just on, pointing at my driveway. I can access it through web interface or through SkyIPCam app on my phone. IP cams don't require a computer to be on for access. Unless you want the app to turn the cam on/off, then this won't work.

Grumpa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:27:29 AM »
Thanks ... but ... I do have an IP camera ... plus ... 4 other cameras associated with their own PCs. I have to have iCam and the cameras running all of the time, when I just want to be able to "quick view" a camera from time to time. It is a different need than I originally had when I got iCam ... so I wondered if iCam could evolve as well.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 12:48:14 AM »
A remote Stop/Start feature has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future, however a an Auto remote Stop/Start feature has not. We will add it to our list of potential features.