Author Topic: improvements  (Read 1475 times)

tonyblade

• View Profile
improvements
« on: December 07, 2012, 05:12:28 PM »
Hi,

sorry in advance but I am the kind of guy who comes and after 6.5hrs of using the software will have a very long review.

First of all:
- I have an iPhone 3gs - the battery is s***, even though I've changed it I can't afford to have PUSH notification's on. I need support for for my second mac, not only iOS. Most of the time, here in EU many ppl don't even have enabled internet in their browsers, unlike US it may be kind of expensive. Solution: get custom autoamator action in case of an motion event (sure, nobody will pay for app - make some kind of login with email verification for ppl who paid for the app)
- I have 2 macs and I need one account for both of them. One sits at home and another one in my office. So let's say I would be patient enough to switch from one to another twice every day BUT what happens when I go on holidays? Personally I need access with one login and password to all accounts (see how team viewer works, seams like they've got it sorted.)
- If you have already managed to get motion recording developed, why not enable recording for let's say 24hrs with auto-delete and rerecording? In case someone would mug me, I'd have everything taped - [roof for insurance companies,
- no go back btn from single cam view..
I'd be happy to write more, only I don't know if anybody appreciates my time..?

p.s.It is very nice app, not perfect but what is really.. It could be though ;)

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: improvements
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 11:45:17 PM »
-I'm not quite sure what you're referring to on the first one.  Are you looking for motion detection notifications to be sent to a Mac?  That would probably be part of a full-featured desktop iCam client.  It's possible we may develop such a desktop client in the future, but we don't have any immediate plans to develop it.

-You can have 2 computers use the same account by entering the same iCam login and password in iCamSource on both computers.  If you do that, cameras from both computers will be shown when you connect with iCam using that account.

-It's possible that a manual recording option will be added to a future update to iCamSource.

-If you're zoomed in to a single camera, you can get back to the Thumbnail grid view by double-tapping on the screen.