Support > iCam Support

Hide iCamSource

<< < (2/4) > >>

linda:
I am confused. I have an I MAC. When my son logs on I don't want him to know the camera is on. But things pop up and he can see it is on, not to mention the little green camera lite. I read the other posts re: how to hide this from users and do not understand still. Thanks Linda

Csalbrecht:
Another alternative to hiding the icon is by using Bartender, here's a link: http://www.macbartender.com

SKJM Support:

--- Quote from: linda on November 04, 2012, 06:44:31 PM ---I am confused. I have an I MAC. When my son logs on I don't want him to know the camera is on. But things pop up and he can see it is on, not to mention the little green camera lite. I read the other posts re: how to hide this from users and do not understand still. Thanks Linda

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, the green iSight light is something that is controlled by the hardware, we don't have any ability to disable it.

It sounds like the iCamSource window is still open. When you close the iCamSource window, the iCamSource program still runs in the background. If the iCamSource window is hidden, there will be a small iCamSource icon in the Menu Bar (Mac) or System Tray (Windows). The icon is a small version of the iCam icon (camera lens). From this icon, you can stop, start, or quit iCamSource. If you select "Preferences" it will display the iCamSource window.

Currently, there is no official method of hiding the iCamSource icon on your Mac.

An "unofficial" way would be to right-click the iCamSource application in your Applications folder, select Show Package Contents, then open the Contents > Resources folder and renaming or moving the iCamSourceStatus_Running.png file. Then, when you run the iCamSource and Start it, no icon will appear in the menu bar, although there will be a blank space still visible that you can click on to access the iCamSource.

d2r2:
hello everyone i just found icamsource app btw cant find where to register to get access with wifi connect and second can some1 tell me how to hide icam on windows thanks :)

Stefan:
You do not need to register to use iCam. Have you reviewed the "Getting Started" section of the iCam Help Pages? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version