Author Topic: iCam Web Viewer not displaying video.  (Read 6429 times)

amatofilms

• View Profile
iCam Web Viewer not displaying video.
« on: July 04, 2009, 12:40:58 PM »
So I've been using the iCam web viewer since it came out on my imac never had any issues.  As of yesterday when I log in it connects shows the number of sources available but no video is displayed.  I tried resetting my java certs no luck.  I also tried dragging different versions of java to the top on java prefs.  I also tried opening in Mozilla, Safari, and Seamonkey and the problem follows. Any one seen this??

amatofilms

• View Profile
Re: iCam Web Viewer not displaying video.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 01:02:58 PM »
Problem fixed.  Java prefs somehow got changed to look to a proxy which wasnt set.  All better now  ;D

drdiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 01:23:50 PM »
I'm new to your software (and I LOVE IT!) and I just found the Web Viewer access. I co not currently see any of my 3 cams I have running and was wondering if maybe my corporate firewall (we're decently locked down) would maybe have anything to do with that?

I see the ads and the "Connecting ..." text but that's about it.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 12:58:01 AM »
drdiesel - It sounds like the Java Applet isn't running.  Is Java installed on your computer?  Please got to this site: http://www.javatester.org/version.html  and let me know what version of Java it says you have installed.

Did a security message pop up asking you to allow or trust the applet?  Did you click "Trust" or "Allow" when the security message popped up?

drdiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 06:41:53 AM »
I will check my Java version when I get to the office this morning. I know I have it installed for sure, I use it for internal apps myself daily. I did not get any confirmation requests though so maybe I need an update.

I'll reply once I double check the version.

drdiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 12:15:19 PM »
Much better, got the updated files for Java and still no love. But this time I am pretty sure it's our corporate firewall.

Broker Connection Error

Your network may be preventing you from making
a UDP connection to the iCam Broker Server

I'll check again on this same laptop form home tonight.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 08:55:30 PM »
Sounds like the Java applet is running correctly now.  On a wireless network, the most common reason for that particular error is a poor wireless connection.  However, on a wired ethernet network, it usually indicates that the network is blocking the UDP traffic used by iCam (as you suspected).  Some corporate networks can be pretty restrictive, allowing only web access and email.