Author Topic: viewing over internet  (Read 1746 times)

jonathant

viewing over internet
« on: March 20, 2015, 06:32:51 PM »
A friend of mine experiences issues. She installed the iCamSource application on her iPad and she is able to view it on her iPhone with the iCam app. However, as soon as she looses wireless network signal, she is no longer able to see any video.

It seems to me that at least by default, iCamSource is configured to work in peer-to-peer fashion within the current network. However, my friend wants to see the video on her phone from her office.

I tried configuring the iCamSource but I can't see any option of specifying an internet server to stream video to so it can be seen by someone "outside" the network from anywhere. Am I missing something here?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: viewing over internet
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 04:27:20 PM »
What error message is your friend seeing when she is unable to connect: No Sources Found, Broker Connection Error, or Source Connection Error?

For more information about iCam error messages and possible fixes, please go here: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php?icamsourcemobile

jonathant

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 07:06:25 PM »
I'll check with her, but the thing is, she only had to put username/password.  Now, if this is strictly in a LAN, I can understand it can do it with UDP/broadcasting/whatever. If using the internet, there must be some server out there or registry of some kind.

It is possible to stream over the internet with iCam, right?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 12:30:38 PM »
iCam connects to the broker server in order to help create a peer to peer connection over the internet. The video data isn’t sent to the server (unless proxying is on), it’s sent over the peer to peer connection after it’s been connected. There are cases where a peer to peer connection can’t be created without additional configuration, that’s why we need to know what error message you are seeing before we can do any further troubleshooting.