Author Topic: Recording video from iCam  (Read 7441 times)

Rsome84

• View Profile
Recording video from iCam
« on: July 21, 2009, 06:18:09 AM »
I am trying to find out if there is a way to automatically record the video generated on the computer end or the iphone end when motion is detected.  I am trying to catch a thief and I am not always monitoring my computer or iphone.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Recording video from iCam
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 10:17:11 AM »
Not currently, no.

Video recording has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

bluehorns

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 01:10:29 PM »
Hi,

I'm looking forward to this feature as well. It's definitely great when it able to record by itself when motion is detected.

Meanwhile waiting for this to be implement, any idea which recording program (for Mac) I can use for now simultaneously with iCam?

fxdxrycz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 12:00:53 PM »
Hi,

me too, would be great if the icamsource recorded the video when motion is detected... and than stream it to the iphone...

JazJon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 10:29:30 PM »
Wow, This whole system and iPhone app is exactly what I'm looking for.

-Simple, clean setup and interface
-No monthy fee's

If you could add motion recording in addition to your current setup that would be perfect.

For now, if I get an alert, and see a stranger on my iphone, I'll hit the HOME + Power button at the same time. (that's how you take a "screen shot" of what you're currently looking at.    You should add this tip in the help section if it's not already.  I havnt tried this yet, but I'm sold on the reviews/videos alone.

Next stop, is shopping for cams.  Here is the setup I want.
1) Livingroom web cam (hooked up to my home theater PC (Windows 7 Media Center)
2) IP based camera, in my bedroom

I'm assuming this should work ok in Windows 7? I can use Vista compatibility mode for now if it's not.
I've always liked the D-Link cameras.  It comes with a nice auto motion recording software package. (PC only I think)

Also, can we have mutliple computers all connected to the same iCam setup?   Say one camera is on my livingroom home theater pc, and then I have a laptop up and running in the kitchen with built in camera.  Can I combine the two streams? (plus a 3rd IP camera)  Speaking of IP cam, maybe I dont need an IP camera.  Is there a "wireless" camera that will connect to my windows machine seemless as a standard web camera? That would make things even easier.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:45:25 PM by JazJon »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 12:45:42 AM »
JazzJon - I'm glad you like iCam :)

We've tested iCamSource on Windows 7 and haven't found any problems.  If you have any issues with Windows 7, please let us know.

As long as they're set up with the same login and password, you can watch up to 4 cameras on different computers (or on the same computer) simultaneously on your iPhone.

I don't really know of any wireless cameras other than Wi-Fi cameras.  I've heard of bluetooth cameras, but I don't know if Windows recongizes them as standard webcams.