Author Topic: I have a right not to be deleted  (Read 4094 times)

depalmer

• View Profile
I have a right not to be deleted
« on: May 25, 2010, 01:39:54 PM »
You may think you have all the answers covered here in your little forum but to just delete questions because you think they have been answered or they're stupid is just wrong. Shame on you and you never did tell me why it worked and then stopped.  If it was one of these problems already covered it would never have worked. Its junk and im telling the world on utube. One of these days someone is going to figure out hoe to sue someone for false advertisement. Lets see how fast you delete this one.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I have a right not to be deleted
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 01:56:37 PM »
You posted the same thing twice, first as a reply here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=174.msg3831#msg3831 - and then as it's own post. I replied to you in that thread, and deleted the redundant second post.

depalmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 08:58:10 PM »
Well im not an idiot. I have the computer set so that it never hibernates or shuts down so thats not it. I had two computers working fine on Wifi and 3g for 3 days and now i get a source message that no id and password is in system or something like that. As far as being redundant , looks like a lot of redundancy going on with all the complaints. I simply figured it would be more visible to post in the main forum. No posts should be deleted unless vulgar.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 09:27:26 PM »
depalmer, do you have any idea how this technology works? It's fairly technical! You obviously aren't a tech-nerd, or you'd appreciate how complicated it is to address the many issues that they face (as a small company no less). Imagine trying to write a program that will work across multiple operating systems, with literally thousands of possible hardware configurations, many possibilities as far as routers and as far as cameras go, etc. Then you throw in the complication of networks that have multiple routers, which makes it much more difficult for your phone and a computer to communicate. So seriously, you're giving them hell over a $5 program...and trying to make them out to be bad guys for deleting your double-post. Most people realize that double-posting on a forum is annoying/rude as it wastes other's time...and it clutters up the forum. So just to provide some balance here, kuddos to them for keeping the forum clear of double-posts! And good job with customer service...nearly every user I've seen commends you guys for your quick and thorough responses to requests for help.

depalmer, try communicating clearly and calmly with people and you're likely to get much better service. If I owned a company, I'd ignore you after this crap. They were trying to help you...not calling you an idiot. They need to make sure you're not making simple mistakes before they (again, a small company) invest significant time in troubleshooting a problem. I'm an advanced computer user, and I made a couple of little mistakes setting this up with the port forwarding, etc. It's not hard to do. So seriously, take a deep breath and relax. Everyone around you will appreciate it.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 09:39:43 PM »
Thank you, OUAnthony. :)

depalmer, we have deleted duplicate posts in the past, and will continue to do so to try and make this forum as easy as possible for people to navigate.

As for your connectivity issue, if you are able to connect when you are at home via WiFi but then when you leave you receive the No Sources Found error message that most likely means that the iCamSource is no longer communicating with our server. This can be either because your computer has gone to sleep, shut down, restarted, or the iCamSource has either been closed or has crashed. When you return home, is your computer awake and the iCamSource still running? Is your webcam's preview video still updating in the iCamSource Preferences window? If so, and you try to connect, do you still receive the No Sources Found error message?

depalmer

• View Profile
Re: I write Java and build websites. Is that tech-nerd enough for ya!
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 12:02:16 PM »
Besides they were rude first. You didnt see all the posts.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 01:36:58 PM »
The only post that was deleted was the duplicate one posted in the forum. Deleting the duplicate was not meant to be rude, and I do apologize if you interpreted it as such.

As for your connectivity issue, if you are able to connect when you are at home via WiFi but then when you leave you receive the No Sources Found error message that most likely means that the iCamSource is no longer communicating with our server. This can be either because your computer has gone to sleep, shut down, restarted, or the iCamSource has either been closed or has crashed. When you return home, is your computer awake and the iCamSource still running? Is your webcam's preview video still updating in the iCamSource Preferences window? If so, and you try to connect, do you still receive the No Sources Found error message?

fred

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 11:56:02 PM »
You may think you have all the answers covered here in your little forum but to just delete questions because you think they have been answered or they're stupid is just wrong. Shame on you and you never did tell me why it worked and then stopped.  If it was one of these problems already covered it would never have worked. Its junk and im telling the world on utube. One of these days someone is going to figure out hoe to sue someone for false advertisement. Lets see how fast you delete this one.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 12:24:18 AM »
Bahahaha!