Author Topic: Trying to connect on Wifi. iPad app works great, Android not so much...  (Read 3317 times)

Daveydave

• View Profile
I bought the iPad and Android versions of iCam to try out. I put in a username password and clicked start. The iPad found it right away, the Android phone just hangs at "Connecting to iCam sources...". I've made sure the username and pass is correct, but outside of that I'm not sure. Especially since the iPad hooks in right away. Oh, I'm running Android 2.3 Gingerbread on a rooted HTC Hero if that helps. Does iCam not work on 2.3 yet?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to connect on Wifi. iPad app works great, Android not so much...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 04:31:07 PM »
Our test Android phones (Verizon Droid X, Sprint HTC EVO 4G, and AT&T Samsung Captivate) are running Android 2.2 and 2.1, but iCam does work on the Android emulator with 2.3.

It may be an issue with your phone being rooted or an issue with Android 2.3, but unfortunately we're at the mercy of the carriers before we can test a non-rooted Android 2.3 release on actual hardware.

palmfox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:11:10 PM »
I just purchased the Android version for my rooted Nook Color.. unfortunately it doesn't work. It keeps saying that I have no sources, but the sources show up on my Iphone version. I'm attempting over wifi on the same network as the cameras. Also, the back button doesn't appear ( nor any other menu buttons) Any ideas?

Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 11:04:18 AM »
On the Android version of iCam you use the Android device's Back button. Similarly you tap the device's Menu button on the main iCam screen to Refresh the cameras or enter the Options screen.

If you are getting a No Sources Found error message then most likely the iCam Login and Password combination was not entered in exactly as it was in the iCamSource. (Both are case-sensitive.)

palmfox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 06:23:14 AM »
Hi Stephen

I've confirmed both are an exact match. The menu buttons don't appear in the window that has the 4 viewers. I've tapped around the screen, and switched it to portrait, and nothing. I finally used the softkeys to get them to come up and move to a different program and then back again, but still didn't help.

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but still no success.

Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 10:41:43 AM »
Android devices (usually) have physical Menu, Home, Back, and Search buttons. After you see the No Sources Found error message you should be able to tap the Menu button to access the Options menu.

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.

ca269

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 07:54:09 AM »
Has this been solved?  I've been using iCam for my iDevices for years... just bought the iCam for my Android phone and it doesn't work... Wondering if there is something else I can try.  I've tried turning on the PnP option and my router is allowing the ports, but still nothing.  I am running a Samsung Galaxy Ace, rooted, and runing ICS (my Data connection prevents me from SMS texting with Gingerbread, so I had to use another ROM)

ca269

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 04:08:31 PM »
Just an update... I flashed the Galaxy Ace back to the Stock ROM (unrooted) and installed iCam and it worked fine!  Thought if anyone else was having the issue they might find this information useful!

Chris