Author Topic: Logitech QuickcamPro 4000 problems  (Read 3312 times)

fred

• View Profile
Logitech QuickcamPro 4000 problems
« on: September 15, 2010, 12:34:37 PM »
Hi guys have updated app from itunes and updated the source have all three cams video working fine 2 x ip and one usb the  Logitech QuickcamPro 4000, its the Logitech that I dont have any audio with now all previous versions was ok and with the icam 2.0 and the older source audio was fine, audio only stopped after updating the source.
The audio source was selected automaticly     Microphone (2-Logitech Microph   running vista 64 any pointers would be very helpful
cheers
Ricky

Flyguy001

• View Profile
Re: Logitech QuickcamPro 4000 problems
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 02:18:39 PM »
I'm having the same problem... I have 2 usb cameras set up on 2 different PC's and i just updated the app on iPhone4 and the Source on one PC. The PC i just updated no longer provides audio however the other one which has not been updated to the latest source still works fine. I'm running logitech quick cam on the PC that no longer has audio and another Logitech camera on the other PC with an older version of source. Video works fine on both. Yes i did double check if the audio source is set up correctly and i did confirm it is working properly via other programs.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 03:46:46 PM »
We have a new version of the iCamSource available that should fix the "no audio" issue: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup2.1.1.exe

fred

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 10:50:40 AM »
Hi Stefan been a while since we last spoke.... I have installed the new source version and am pleased to confirm that I now have audio on my logitech cam..a couple of other things I have come across while testing for audio is the screen sometimes shows six windows and the only way that I can revert to three is shut down the app and reopen I have tried refreshing the window and going to info and back but that does not work see attached images..

now the other thing is I now have to use autoconfig even though I still have the router set to port forward from using the previous version (1200 to 12100) which is not an issue providing it is stable as the last hour or so I have had the no sources found error at times and have had to revert to changing the autoconfig off to get pictures and after a while again the no sources found error and have had to again turn on autoconfig to get the pictures back sometimes showing six screens..
regards
Ricky

just as I am typing this I stopped the source as its been running ok for a while restarted it and get

doesn't seem to be any consistency in it.. will delve some more..

the icam webpage viewer now thinks I have quote "Num Sources : 4" and shows two..
on the iphone I am still getting the no sources found..

update I am now getting two cams on my iphone but no Logitech cant seem to get any consistent problem just keeps varying to track it down

ok last edit got to get some food..
 reboot computer run source works fine
stop source wait a couple of mins and restart no pictures or only two logitech always is the one missing..
close source down completely and wait a few mins
start source again all three cams show but total of six screens on iphone
close app and reopen again back to normal all cameras showing in four screens total
and now have nine screens ..with the three pictures..
Ricky

« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 12:38:04 PM by g0sbv »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 01:08:17 PM »
g0sbv - If you see more spaces in iCam than expected then there may be stale iCamSources being returned by the iCam Broker Server to iCam. (For example: If you have 3 cameras, and you stop and re-start the iCamSource, the previous 3 connections will still be in the server for about a minute, so if you connect, iCam will receive 6 cameras to connect to, but only 3 will actually work. After a minute, the stale cameras will time-out in the server, and you should see the correct number of thumbnails in iCam.)

What % CPU is being used by the iCamSource application? If the CPU usage is high, the iCamSource may be flailing a bit trying to handle everything. Also, if the connections to the IP cameras are timing out, it may be attempting to re-connect automatically.

fred

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 02:02:50 PM »
Many thanks for your quick reply..
ok the stale icam sources make sense.. I have checked the camera sources and they are fine not timing out..the computer is also fine running  icamsource with three cams is using only 11% of the processor using an intel 2 quad  Q9400 @ 2.66ghz with a full stack of memory in a 64 bit enviroment I don't have no issues there at all..
I have been a user of icam for a long time now and have been a beta tester for previous versions at this moment in time I have reverted back to the icamsource 1.4.2 which is working fine no issues for me and my current setup..
many thanks
regards
Ricky