Author Topic: Motion Detection Feature request: time-lapse capture.  (Read 2044 times)

yourmap

• View Profile
Motion Detection Feature request: time-lapse capture.
« on: March 17, 2011, 03:31:56 PM »
In addition to capturing an image when there is motion detection, I would like to be able to capture an image every x seconds.  I propose adding an "interval"  on the iCamSource motion detection screen to specify a number of seconds, maybe minimum of 1.  For example, setting interval to 60 would capture an image every 60 seconds. I guess you could put a warning that this would increase the CPU and Storage required with any small interval.

This would be great to capture "time lapse" of Web-Cams, without having to do motion detection, just capture the current image every x seconds.

Thanks.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Motion Detection Feature request: time-lapse capture.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 09:56:17 PM »
Thanks for the feedback and suggest. :) I will add that functionality to our list of potential features to implement in the future.

yourmap

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 08:49:49 AM »
Thanks,  it's a common feature on IP cam software, ie: send an E-Mail with recent image every x interval.

dayaae

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 12:45:26 PM »
Hi,

I would like to add my request for the ability to record 1 x frame every xx seconds if possible, this would provide a very flexible solution for my needs.

Another (seperate) feature for the motion detection would be the ability to record x seconds of video before the event using a cache mechanism, and x seconds of video after the movement stops.

Thanks for a great product.

Tony

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 05:07:30 PM »
I like dayaae's caching idea! I wonder what kind of impact running the system 24-7 would have on the life of the hard drive...that would be a heck of a lot of read/write/erases. Totally worth it though.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 05:09:22 PM by OUAnthony »