Author Topic: More than 4 cameras and multiple iCam Logins?  (Read 5451 times)

yourmap

• View Profile
More than 4 cameras and multiple iCam Logins?
« on: March 17, 2011, 02:47:09 PM »
My iPad supports up to 16 cameras with 1 iCam login.  However, my Android phone supports only 4 cameras with the same iCam Login.  The 4 cameras displayed on the Android seem to be randomly selected from the 9 I have defined in iCamSource.  The 4 randomly selected cameras are not the specific ones I want displayed.

How can I display a specific 4 cameras on the Android, and all 9 cameras on the iPad?

Do I need to setup up multiple iCam Login ids?  If yes, how do I do this?

Also, I'm using Win-7 64bit for iCamSource.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 05:15:07 PM by yourmap »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: More than 4 cameras and multiple iCam Logins?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 09:55:27 PM »
iCam for Android does currently only support 4 cameras. It will support more than 4 cameras in a future update.

How many cameras & computers are you currently using to connect to 9 cameras, and what type of cameras (network IP or USB) are you using?

yourmap

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 08:38:26 AM »
Is there a time-frame (days, weeks, months) on the future upgrade to support more than 4 cameras on Android?  If its days or weeks, I can wait.

Right now, I'm using 1 Win-7 PC with iCamsource

9 IP Camera sources
   1 Dlink  mjpeg on Local Network
   8 http:  jpg  on Internet

I need to see the Dlink on the Android.  I can get by with random on the other 3 cameras displayed.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:46:01 AM by yourmap »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 01:06:51 PM »
Different cameras in an iCamSource can have different iCam Login and Password combinations ... If you add the D-Link a second time with a different login and password that the Android uses you will be able to connect to it separately.

yourmap

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 03:22:23 PM »
I will give it a try.  Thanks.

Different cameras in an iCamSource can have different iCam Login and Password combinations ... If you add the D-Link a second time with a different login and password that the Android uses you will be able to connect to it separately.

yourmap

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 02:43:37 PM »
Different iCam Logins did not work:  This is what I tried:

Win-7 PC with iCamsource:
Existing:
Camera Dlink, Ethernet url= http://192.168.1.71/video.cgi , iCam Login: msperlin, Password: ........
8 other Enet Cameras with iCam Login=msperlin

Added:
Camera #10  Dlink2, Ethernet url= http://192.168.1.71/video.cgi , iCam Login: csperlin, Password: ........

Stopped iCamSource, re-booted Win-7 PC, Started iCamSource, both cameras (same) appear to work in iCamSource.  Verified iCam logins are different.

On iPad:
Started iCam with iCamlogin=msperlin  Both Dlink and Dlink2 show up along with 8 others on iPad.

Stopped iCam, then restarted with iCamlogin=csperlin -  Message that there are "no sources found"

I tried different iCam Logins for Camera Dlink2, including just clearing out, with same results.

Never tried on Android, as it didn't seem to work right on iPad.

:'(

Help please.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 03:28:26 PM »
There may be an issue in the iCamSource if that doesn't work for you, because it should.

We'll try and replicate the issue, and if there is a bug, we'll try and track down the issue and release a new version within the next day or two.

UPDATE - We have been able to replicate the issue, and have finally tracked down the root cause of the problem. We hope to have a new version out tomorrow that fixes it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 08:35:37 PM by Stefan »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »
Ok, here is version 2.2.2 of the iCamSource which should fix your different iCam Login / Password combination issue: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup2.2.2.exe

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks! :)

ltexaco

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 07:05:35 PM »
I am having a similar issue on the Mac side. I have a Mac Mini Server running iCamsource with five Axis IP cameras connected. I can view them from with my iPhone but would like to be able to view two or three of the cameras on a different iphone. I tied setting up one of the existing cameras a second time with a different login and password. I am able to get all of the cameras to come up on the iphone including the extra one I set up but I am unable to get just the one to come up...

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 08:34:33 PM »
I am having a similar issue on the Mac side. I have a Mac Mini Server running iCamsource with five Axis IP cameras connected. I can view them from with my iPhone but would like to be able to view two or three of the cameras on a different iphone. I tied setting up one of the existing cameras a second time with a different login and password. I am able to get all of the cameras to come up on the iphone including the extra one I set up but I am unable to get just the one to come up...

We also have a Mac version available: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.2.2.dmg

Please let us know if that works for you.

yourmap

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 10:40:56 AM »
Ok, here is version 2.2.2 of the iCamSource which should fix your different iCam Login / Password combination issue: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup2.2.2.exe

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks! :)

Hi Stefan,
The 2.2.2 for Win-7 works with multiple cameras and logins.  I can now see the 4 cameras that I want on the Android.  Thank you for the software fix so quickly.  Great support.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 11:54:58 AM »
Excellent news. :)