Author Topic: Only one source working at a time with 2.4.4 iCamSource  (Read 2416 times)

tbye

• View Profile
Only one source working at a time with 2.4.4 iCamSource
« on: February 22, 2012, 02:10:57 PM »
I'm trying to get 3 cameras working with iCamSource 2.4.4:

- Built in iSight on my MacBook Pro
- Built in iSight on my 27" Apple Cinema Display
- Logitech c920 attached via USB directly to the MacBook Pro

All three of these cameras function perfectly, as long as they are the only source.  Any suggestions on how to get all 3 operating simultaneously?

TIA!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Only one source working at a time with 2.4.4 iCamSource
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 04:39:10 PM »
You can view multiple cameras from different computers simultaneously if you use the exact same login and password for all of the cameras. When you use that same login/password in iCam on your iPhone, it will show all of the cameras that are using that exact login/password.

tbye

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 11:32:10 PM »
Let me clarify, I would like to use all 3 cameras in the same iCamSource instance.  I'm not running multiple computers.  I'm running 3 cameras on one computer.

iCamSource currently only works when I'm using only 1 camera.  It's not working with multiple cameras added.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 11:47:19 AM »
We've heard reports of problems of certain Mac models that prevent multiple USB cameras working simultaneously due to an issue with the USB bus. It isn't a problem with iCamSource in particular, because the problem occurs with other programs as well.

You can find out if this is the problem you are experiencing by trying to open two of the cameras in different programs simultaneously (such as iChat or Photobooth).  For example, open one camera in Photobooth and then try to open a different camera in iChat.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:15:08 PM by SKJM Support »