Author Topic: iCam with Video Capture Card  (Read 1700 times)

jmgadget

• View Profile
iCam with Video Capture Card
« on: October 21, 2011, 09:51:38 PM »
I am new to iCam and have a Hauppauge Win-TVHVR Digital/Analog video capture card.  My security cam setup feeds through a 16 channel multiplexer into the analog input on the capture card.  I have iCam setup on my host compture and can connect to it with my new Droid Bionic but all I get is a blank screen.  When I go into the iCam setup on the host computer (winXP) it does see my capture card as Analog and lets me start streaming but there is no image in the preview window, just a blank screen. Is the problem due to it being an Anaolg feed?  

I am hoping that since iCam lists the card as a video source and actually streams the blank image that it will work if I can get the settings correct.  I can see images when looking directly from my WinTV 7 software.

I am thinking the problem is that the iCam software has no way of selecting the correct channel for the video so it is just getting a blank image from the card.

Update 10/23/11- I removed my digital/analog video card and replaced it with my old Analog only video card. Problem resolved.  The old card software Win2000 lets me select a channel to start with.  I have a macro software that triggers when my computer boots. It starts the Win2000 software which allows my preselected channel to start.  Then the macro closes the Win2000 software and starts icamsource.  When it starts up the preview screen has a video image and streaming works fine.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 11:45:08 AM by jmgadget »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam with Video Capture Card
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 02:45:21 PM »
Thank you for your post.

iCam supports Built-In, FireWire or USB Webcams and DV Cameras as well as select MJPEG-compatible Network IP Cameras. Unfortunately, iCamSource does not support video capture cards.