Author Topic: Hardware Issue Perhapse?  (Read 1793 times)

rkivz

• View Profile
Hardware Issue Perhapse?
« on: April 28, 2012, 12:56:27 AM »
Let Me First Say That iCam Is Probably The Best Thing To Ever Happen To Me. I've Been Running It For Almost 2 Years Now And Though There Have Been A Few Bumps Along The Way, This Forum Has ALWAYS Helped Me Through Them.
 That Being Said, I Am Having A Small Issue. I Run 4 Logitech Webcams 24 Hours A Day, All With Different Degrees Of Motion Record On A Windows 7 PC. Once Or Twice A Week, Around The Same Time Of Day, One Of The Cameras (The Same Camera Every Time) Will Freeze. A Software Restart Doesn't Do The Trick But A System Reboot Will Get It Back Running And Then Everything Will Be Fine For The Next Few Days. All 4 Cameras Are Connected With USB Repeater Extension Cables And Like I Said, Work Wonderfully 99% Of The Time. My Question Would Be To Anyone Having This Same Experience, Does This Sound Like A Hardware Issue ie: Replace The Camera That Keeps Freezing Or Is It Maybe The PC (Which Was Built Less Then A Year Ago). I Run iCam Source 2.2.3 If That Helps Anyone. Thank You For Any Help That Can Be Provided.
Ryan

rjgvt

• View Profile
Re: Hardware Issue Perhapse?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 05:56:50 AM »
You could try swapping the cam that freezes with one of the other cams. Basically, swap the USB ports to see if it is the cam or computer port.

I run 6 cams (mix of web and IP) on two XP computers and the Icamsource program will stop when Windows notifies of an update. I finally turned off the updates and check for updates manually at my convenience, not theirs!

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 01:52:31 AM »
Thank You For The Quick Reply rjgvt! I've Switch The Port Of The Freezing Camera And Will Let You Know If That Works. I Still Find It Odd That It Tends To Freeze At Around The Same Time Of Day. Anyway, Thanks For The Advice On The Windows Updates, That May Be The Cause As Well. I'll Keep An Eye On Things. You Mentioned That You Ran 6 Cameras On 2 Different PCs. I'd Never Thought Of Trying That. Did You Install iCam On Both PCs And Just Use The Same Log In And Are They All Viewable From One Mobile Device? That's Pretty Cool If So And I May Have To Try That! Thanks Again!
Ryan

rjgvt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 04:50:20 AM »
rkivz,
I have Icamsource installed on two computers. One is at my house (1 Logitech webcam, 1 Airlink IP cam), the other is at a remote location (2 Logitech webcams and 2 Airlink IP cams). Both programs use the same login and password and can see all cams on Icam app on one screen on my Droid X. The Airlink IP cams are also viewable on SkyIPCam app on smartphone, that's how I check if Icamsource is frozen if I can still see live images. I've learned a lot about this setup on this website reading lots of posts and it's pretty stable. Good luck getting everything working good.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I use Dropbox for saving all images.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:17:55 AM by rjgvt »