Author Topic: Port Forward  (Read 2680 times)

steve01952

• View Profile
Port Forward
« on: April 18, 2012, 05:52:52 AM »
Hi,this is my first post.I have managed to set up port forward on 1 of my computers,but when I came to repeat this step for my second computer I could not do it, as it said I would have to delete the other which had the same name.I have set port forward on both computers on different numbers.

What I found was I could by pass one of them for a temporary measure whilst trying to find out what was wrong.This was in the settings on my router.

Last night I managed to get all 4 cameras working, but when I got to work I could not access ny of them, although they worked fine last night.

How do I port forward two different computers if I need the same name of I Camsource.I guess something is wrong, but I am struggling a bit now.

When it works, it is really great,especially how you can also record what happens.

Please please help as I am getting frustrated.

Steve. :'(

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Port Forward
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 12:59:32 PM »
If you are running iCamSource(s) on more than one computer on the same network then you will need to use (and forward) a separate port range for each computer. (We recommend using 12000-12100, 12200-12300, 12400-12500, etc.)

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

steve01952

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 02:27:43 PM »
Hi I have sorted it now,thanks for your help.What I have noticed though is when I have got it on 3g it frezes.I think it might be because it goes off,the g that is.Would this seem right?

Many thanks,
Steve. :)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 02:10:33 AM »
Is iCamSource on your computer still running when the cameras freeze in iCam via 3G?

steve01952

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 12:57:46 PM »
Hi yes it still shows as working on both pc's when it stops working as it did today whilst at work.When I got home,they were still running on my computers,but not worked all day,apart from ten minutes when I first tried at work on 3g and my work wi fi.

When I closed computers down once I got home and re started,they were all working again.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 06:23:46 PM »
What error message are you seeing when you are unable to connect (if any): No Sources Found, Broker Connection Error, or Source Connection Error?

steve01952

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 04:16:58 AM »
Hi,I am not seeing any error messages.This morning only 1 camera out of the 4 are showing on my phone and pc.I just cannot understand it, as last night at home they all worked fine on my own wifi but also on 3g, and yet only 1 camera this morning.When I get home they will no doubt be still running.What could be the cause.I really want to get this working asap.

Any help is always most greatly appreciated.

Steve.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 07:52:01 PM »
Make sure that your computers aren't configured to go into Sleep or Hibernate mode after a period of inactivity. If your computers are asleep, the iCamSource will not be actively running, and you will not be able to connect.

steve01952

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 08:08:02 AM »
Hi,both my laptops have the lid shut,with the device saying do nothing when the lid is shut. :'(

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »
Thanks for that additional information.

Please try running iCamSource with the lids open to see if that has any effect. Also, please make sure that the computer is set to Never sleep or hibernate.

steve01952

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 03:09:09 PM »
Hi thanks for the information.Seems to be working a lot better at the moment.One of the lap tops did go off today,but it ran for 2 days.

As always it was still running on when I went to view on it,but just re started it and was ok.

I will up date on how long I can keep it working for.I hope I can get it to stay on all the time.

Thanks for your help.

p.s. I have had the lids open, but dont know why that would be any better ??

Steve :)