Author Topic: ICam Source quits when Fast User Switching/multiple accounts on shared computer  (Read 4102 times)

setharp

• View Profile
I'll have iCam running on a computer and observing fine but when a different user (account) on the iCam Source computer logs in via Fast User Switching, iCam is dead on the new user's side even though I have it set up to automatically start at login.  Switching back to the original user and iCam Source is quit there.

As it is, iCam will not work for me with multiple users (2) on the iCam Source computer. Any way around this?

setharp

• View Profile
As I read more here, I'm thinking maybe I have iCam Source installed one time for the entire computer and I need it installed for each account.  I'll give that a try and get back if I haven't heard anything from others.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It may be a problem of the fast-user switching taking away control of the webcam when you switch users ... When you fast-user-switch, does the webcam's activity light turn off?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Worst case senario, you can try running icamsource as a service...that might work for you. I haven't had any problems switching users.

setharp

• View Profile
Not sure what you mean "run it as a service".

I set things up the same way on my computer at home and had similar problems. iCam Source installed and running on 2 computer accounts.  I just duplicated iCam Source and now I'm running the original on one account and the copy on the other account and everything is working fine. When I switch users, the camera light goes out, the computer switches to the other account and the camera light comes back on and everything works fine.  I'll duplicate that setup at work and we should be good to go.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
A service is a program that runs in the background when the computer boots up...meaning nobody has to be logged in. Additionally, the system tray icon doesn't show up once a user signs in. Users signing in/out shouldn't affect it. If you click on my user name and look through my posts, you can find a couple with posts to directions for running icamsource automatically as a service when the computer turns on...if that interests you.