Author Topic: what does this mean? my internet service provider can't realize this connection?  (Read 3574 times)

vivachocolate

• View Profile
 ??? ??? ???

i bought this app, i installed in my ipad. my iphone, later my mac, but it always says: source connection error  one or more of the icamsource returned by the icam broker server could not be connected to??????

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Do you see that error message when your iPhone is connected to the same local network as the computer running iCamSource?

If not, have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button?  If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our new iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

vivachocolate

• View Profile
"""f you are seeing the "Source Connection Error" in iCam then there is either some firewall or security software running on your computer that is blocking the incoming connection from iCam to the iCamSource or you have multiple routers on your network that are each creating their own separate sub-networks that are unable to communicate with one another. If you have multiple routers on your network make sure that your iPhone running iCam and the computer running the iCamSource are connected to the same one. """

icam source show connected, however, the iphone shows no sources found..... shows ::one or more of the icamsources returned by the icam broker server cound not be connected to......

i am in the same wifi enviroment, which is built up by one wireless router, not several,like most of the family. 

auto config, i tried, shows Error : UPnP 0 : NAT-PMP 3,-7,61

what is more, if i try to start with the auto-config chosen, icamsource wont connect, showing connecting all the time, so i have to stop to unchose the auto-config, then it works...

so what should i do?? the router?? o the program???

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If you're seeing the Source Connection Error when your iPhone is connected to the same local network as the computer running iCamSource, that indicates that firewall software on the computer is blocking the iCam network traffic.  Please quit or disable all firewall software on that computer (temporarily for this test) to see if iCam starts working.  If it does, then the firewall can be configured to work with iCam.