Author Topic: iCamsource randomly closes  (Read 2038 times)

Eric

• View Profile
iCamsource randomly closes
« on: January 05, 2012, 09:54:03 AM »
I've been using iCam for over a year now (maybe two) and this only just happened in the past week. Randomly in the middle of the night (Usually 1 or 2AM) the iCamsource application will quit on every computer connected on the network. I have five computers in total but they've been running slow. Last night I made a new account and password and the frame rate improved dramatically but still went off at 1AM. All the latest updates have been applied to all computers. I'm very stumped as to what this would be. Got any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 09:57:03 AM by Eric »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamsource randomly closes
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 01:49:31 PM »
Are you running the Mac or Windows version of iCamSource or both?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 02:32:07 PM »
Just Macs.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 02:18:26 AM »
If iCamSource is crashing, there should be crash logs.

The crash logs would be in:

/Users/<Your Username>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

or in:

/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

If you are running Mac OS 10.6.3: they moved the crash logs to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports or /Users/<YourUsername>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

If you are running Lion: it hides the ~/Library directory for some reason. You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you're holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log. The crash logs should be there.

If you find crash logs, please send the most recent one to support@skjm.com and reference your username and this post.