Author Topic: Possible AT&T 3G Changes Coming for iOS Devices Running iCam?  (Read 112446 times)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Possible AT&T 3G Changes Coming for iOS Devices Running iCam?
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2011, 05:50:03 PM »
The icam was working good until yesterday, now I get the Source Connection Error  message that says
" one or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to"
What does this mean and how can we fix it? The icam does work for about 1 minute then the picture just freezes?  When I stop and restart the icam it works again but just for about 1 minute until it does it again.
I did nothing different to it since we got it working about 2 weeks ago. 
Thanks

Are you an AT&T subscriber? Does your phone's IP begin with 198.? To get your phone's IP, run iCam on your phone, let it connect for about 10 seconds, then immediately go to http://whatismyipaddress.com in the phone's web browser to get the phone's IP address at that moment.

Also, what is the Brand/Model of your camera?

e-slice

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2011, 09:57:01 AM »
I think I just posted in the wrong thread -

I am in Aliso Viejo, CA - getting a 198.x.x.x IP from ATT.

I am running iCamSource 2.3, on Win XP Pro. AutoConfig checked and says connected to server.

Cameras set up in my classroom, and I have no access to the routers. Am I just out of luck, or are you working on a fix to the new 3g system?

(iPhone 3Gs jailbroken, RedSn0w 4.3.3 - Using 3G unrestrictor, still no dice)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2011, 10:57:17 AM »
Please email what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router check-box when you run iCamSource with that option enabled to support@skjm.com

swaghorn

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2011, 09:57:14 PM »
This past month we have received a handful of reports from long-time iCam users who are suddenly having problems connecting via AT&T's 3G network. In troubleshooting one user's issue, we discovered that my iPhone was able to connect via AT&T 3G to their iCamSource, but Jay's was not.

Well here is an interesting thing. I live in Australia and use Icam on my iMac at home with 5 cameras. Hubby and I are on the Telstra 3G network for iPhones and iPads and icam app works perfectly both on wifi and 3G.

We have come to the USA and Canada for holidays and thought that having icam would be great. Whilst on wifi at hotels, RV parks etc icam works just like home. When our iPhones were roaming via AT&T in the USA it worked fine. BUT since we are spending 4 weeks in Canada we decided to get Rogers wireless sims for our iPhones and iPads. Guess what NO icam access at all!!! We get the notifications If it detects movement etc, but can't see the camera via the app at all. Minute we put our Australian Telstra sim in all is ok!!

So looks like Rogers is blocking the app too!!

Thank goodness l live down under   ;D

Cheers and thanks for the BEST APP!!!

Sue W.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2011, 07:45:41 AM »
Thank you for that information, Sue. :)

Were you seeing the Source Connection Error when connecting via Rogers 3G? I believe that the new 198 AT&T network that we are seeing is similarly complex as the Rogers 3G network in Canada. I am not sure if all of Rogers' network is "more complex" or if it is only localized to certain specific geographic locations, like AT&T.

I suppose that one issue with our iCam zero-config connection logic is that since its success does depend on the combined complexities of the iCamSource and iCam network types there could be situations when traveling where it could stop "just working" if your iPhone was connected to a particularly complex or restrictive network, although I suppose this could also be the case for other applications if the network was overly restrictive.

The alternative would be to require every user to have to either automatically or manually configure their router ... Which I sure wouldn't want to have to do. :)

In your case you could likely have checked the Auto-Config Router checkbox or manually forwarded ports in your router back home and you would still be able to connect via Rogers 3G. (I know we have many users in Canada who do use iCam on Rogers.)

I am glad to hear that you were able to connect from all of the local WiFi hotspots, though ... Sometimes those can be overly restrictive as well! :)

thinkr

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2011, 06:21:15 PM »
Mostly Posting to write helpful info.

Geographical Location: Fort Collins, Colorado USA Zip 80525
Problems connecting With 3G Network. Checked Ip Starts 166.205.*.*  Problem was Mac Icam didn't show up tried again after switching networks back an forth again second time success.
No Problems using forced Edge Network. Re-Checked IP on Edge Also Starts 166.205.*.*
Refreshed page verified again still 166.205.*.*

only last two numbers of Ip change when Switching networks.

Will Test the AUTO config button when i get home:)

Setup 2 computers both running Icam source 2.2.3
1st. Mac OSX 10.5.8
2nd. WinXP Pro SP3
Using Same login & pass on both machines.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 06:27:01 PM by thinkr »

Don of Nashville

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2011, 01:25:50 PM »
Nashville, TN
iPhone 4 = 166
ipad (v.1) = 166

ATT Uverse Max Plus internet plan.

Bill_martin1@mac.com

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2011, 05:51:57 AM »
166 east side of Hollywood Ca

Kressley

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2011, 06:44:26 AM »
This has been happening to me as well on 3g.
I'm normally connected to wifi somewhere but recently tried to connect over 3g and received the cannot connect to sources. I have cameras at two separate locations.
198 ip in Lancaster PA.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2011, 09:42:53 PM »
This has been happening to me as well on 3g.
I'm normally connected to wifi somewhere but recently tried to connect over 3g and received the cannot connect to sources. I have cameras at two separate locations.
198 ip in Lancaster PA.

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our new iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

Kressley

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2011, 09:50:59 PM »
Yeah, I always run auto config. I haven't changed anything.  The message says upnp success 12001 -> 12001.

Kressley

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2011, 01:25:28 PM »
As a side note.  I had purchased another cam program from the app store a long time ago before I found iCam.  As a trial and error, I installed that program and can report I have no issues connecting.   I am able to connect with 3g or wifi seamlessly.  However I much more prefer the UI in iCam, so I would like to find a fix.  I have been using iCam for a long time with zero issues.

Why, if this is a possible IP problem would it not affect the other apps?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2011, 02:55:21 PM »
The fix for most of our users coming across this issue has been to either use the Auto-Config Router. If that is not working than to other option is to forward ports.

What is the Brand/Model of your router?

This particular issue affects the firewall piercing techniques that are used to create a direct connection between the phone and the computer.  The other apps you are referring to probably don't use similar firewall piercing techniques.

Kressley

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2011, 02:58:42 PM »
Linksys e2000 running zonealarm

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2011, 03:27:34 PM »
Here is a link to the port forwarding instructions for your particular router: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Cisco/Linksys-E2000/default.htm

Following these instructions:

Forward the port range 12000-12100 (UDP protocol)  to the computer running the iCamSource.

Once this is done and you've enabled port forwarding in the iCamSource program, you should be able to access your iCamSource.

To enable port forwarding in the iCamSource program, follow the directions in this forum post: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402

Please let me know if you have any questions about any of these instructions.