Author Topic: Iphone cannot see ICAMSource  (Read 3067 times)

newbie2

• View Profile
Iphone cannot see ICAMSource
« on: March 31, 2012, 09:15:28 PM »
Hi

I am new to ICAM. My situation is as follows:

1. I have ICAMSource 2.4.4 beta installed on Windows7 Professional.
2. I can view the video through another notebook (Win XP professional) through http://skjm.com/icam/web/. Working perfect and happy.
3. I have downloaded and installed ICAM APP 2.1.1 for my Iphone (IOS 5.0.1 (9A405)) successfully.
4. However, I cannot see the video from my Iphone app. Tried using WIFI and also 3g, both cases filed.
5. There is no error message. The screen is just keep on waiting, with a circle turning and turning.

Please help
6. I am sure the Login and password are correct
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 12:04:08 AM by newbie2 »

newbie2

• View Profile
Re: Iphone cannot see ICAMSource
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 10:30:16 PM »
Friends,
Can anyone help me?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 01:25:19 AM »
Since it works through icamweb, it seems like it might be an issue with your phone. Have you tried deleting the iCam app and reinstalling it?

newbie2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 09:42:59 AM »
Yes, you are right. I also think that it was my iphone problem but don know what it is :-[

Yes, I deleted the app few times but still fail....... :'(

I also tried to use the icamweb in safari but it did not work also. Is the icamweb support safari?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 11:25:10 AM »
If you're having issues connecting when your phone and computer are connected to the same network, that indicates the problem is caused by firewall software on the computer, since the network traffic isn't going through the router in that case. Please quit or disable all firewall software on the computer running iCamSource (temporarily) to see if iCam starts working.  If it does, we can configure the firewall to work with iCam.

newbie2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 02:45:30 AM »
I am running on win7 professional and the firewall has been disabled since installed. My iPhone cannot see the icam no matter it is in the same wifi network, different wifi network or using 3G.

However, using another pc can see the icam through the web. Does it mean that it is not related to firewall? Is it related to router setting?

I am very disappointed with this. Not talking about the quality or performance, it even not working.....

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 03:00:37 AM »
In icamsource, do you have "auto config router" enabled? If so, do you also have uPNP enabled in your router settings? Does icamsource say "connected" or "connecting" (this relates to the connection to the broker server, not your iPhone)? Or are any errors reports in icamsource related to uPNP? It's strange that icamweb can connect to your feed, but your phone can't...that's why I initially didn't think it was a firewall or port forwarding issue.

Is your phone jailbroken? If so, do you have a firewall program installed on it?