Author Topic: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error  (Read 236859 times)

jasan

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 - Source Connection Error
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2011, 12:23:03 AM »
I used a program on the phone with the Android 2.1 without any problems. Now, after installing version 2.3.4 of the program throws me this error:  "One or mode of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to."
Though not changed anything in your computer settings and so on.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2011, 11:57:53 PM »
Do you ever see that error message when your phone is connected to the same local Wi-Fi network as the computer running iCamSource?

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our new iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

jasan

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2011, 10:53:54 AM »
I tried the "Auto Config Router" and the program he wrote this: "Success UPnP 12001 -> 12001 (click for info)". I tried connecting a home network and beyond via EDGE. But do not join. The original Android 2.1 everything is OK. Now with Android 2.3.4 this problem.

Download

• View Profile
Thanks for the helpful information
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2011, 12:40:09 PM »
Thanks for the helpful information

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2011, 10:47:39 PM »
I tried the "Auto Config Router" and the program he wrote this: "Success UPnP 12001 -> 12001 (click for info)". I tried connecting a home network and beyond via EDGE. But do not join. The original Android 2.1 everything is OK. Now with Android 2.3.4 this problem.

The UPnP success message indicates that the port has been opened successfully in the router. The port might be blocked by another router on the network. Are there any other routers on the network? What are the Brand/Model of all routers on the network? What is the Brand/Model of your cable/DSL modem? Some modems have an integrated router that could cause this problem.

It's also possible that the router is in a bad state. You can check that by rebooting the router. To to that, unplug the router's power cable for about ten seconds, then plug the power cable back in. Once the router has rebooted, try running iCamSource again.

Also, it's possible that the iCam app settings on the Android phone have gotten into a bad state.

On your Android phone,  go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications and then choose iCam and the "Clear Data".  Then try connecting again.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 102 Source Connection
« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2011, 09:39:31 PM »
Hi, I am also getting the same error during test. Test is saying smsc binded properly but after that two more windows is coming to fill mobile number and short code info and after that connection is getting fails. Please tell me what is the solution.

Please send a screenshot of the iCamSource preference window running on your computer and of the error message you're receiving to support@skjm.com

brindlej

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2011, 07:19:20 AM »
Hi, I have installed icamsource etc etc. I can view the webcam when connected to the SAME network as the webcam. However when connecting via 3g OR another wireless coneection I get the 'Source Connection Error'.

Iphone IP: 82.132.248.42

Is there a nice simple step by step guide. I need to sort this ASAP is I have a puppy being left alone for the first time ever. As i go to work tomorrow

HELP

Email back on johnbrindle2008@gmail.com I have emailed you but no response

Regards

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2011, 10:35:40 AM »
Hi, I have installed icamsource etc etc. I can view the webcam when connected to the SAME network as the webcam. However when connecting via 3g OR another wireless coneection I get the 'Source Connection Error'.

Iphone IP: 82.132.248.42

Is there a nice simple step by step guide. I need to sort this ASAP is I have a puppy being left alone for the first time ever. As i go to work tomorrow

HELP

Email back on johnbrindle2008@gmail.com I have emailed you but no response

Regards

brindlej's is receiving support through email.

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2011, 08:14:15 AM »
can you tell me why im suddenly getting source connection error again please?!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2011, 08:47:17 PM »
can you tell me why im suddenly getting source connection error again please?!

The Source Connection Error can appear for a number of reasons.

Do you ever see that error message when your phone is connected to the same local Wi-Fi network as the computer running iCamSource?

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2011, 06:48:56 AM »
It doesn't work with auto config it never has, and if it means I need to use the port forward thing and have a static IP I am not interested!
I get the source connection error when on 3g it works fine on my wifi and yes I have the latest version of Icamsource!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2011, 10:30:13 AM »
Please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled so I can determine what the possible issue is and if in fact you do need to port forward.

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2011, 11:13:41 AM »
it says upnp may not be enabled, I dont understand why i would need to use this when i didnt before

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2011, 10:30:14 PM »
it says upnp may not be enabled, I dont understand why i would need to use this when i didnt before

Thanks for that additional information.

We are currently tracking a possible change in the AT&T 3G network that is making it difficult for the Firewall Piercing Techniques to function properly. Are you an AT&T subscriber? What is your geographic location (city, state)?

If your router supports UPNP or NAT-PMP, you may need to enable it in order for the auto-configuration logic to work.

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2011, 05:50:17 AM »
Im in the UK so don't use AT@T Im on O2