Author Topic: Should I upgrade?  (Read 1900 times)

rkivz

• View Profile
Should I upgrade?
« on: October 27, 2011, 03:49:40 PM »
Hi, I have an iPhone 3GS running version 4.3.1, the version of iCam Source I'm running is the one just before this new update and I have not updated the app to the newest version. I've had problems in the past after upgrading either source or the app so my question is, if my setup is running just fine now, should I ignore the new updates. After reading through others posting problems I am hesitant to install these newer versions as iCam is my heaviest used app and apart of my home security. Thank you for your time.

Ryan

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Should I upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 03:59:32 PM »
We are currently working on fixing an issue with iCam 2.1 that is effecting older iPhones running iOS 4.2.1 and earlier. (iPhone 3G, and the original iPhone, as well as the same generation iPod touches.)

We have not tested it on iOS version 4.3.1 (our 3GS is running iOS 5) but you might want to wait until we release 2.1.1 within (hopefully) the next day or so.

You can also make a copy of the existing iCam application from iTunes to a different folder so if you do update and do have issues you can revert back to version 2.0.1 by syncing it back to your phone through iTunes.

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »
Thank You Very Much For The Quick And Knowledgeable Reply! That Does Clear Up A Few Things. I Guess My Only Questions Now Would Be, Will You Be Doing Any Testing With The 3GS On iOS 4.3.1? Also, If I Decide NOT To Update The App Or Source, Will That Cause Me Any Problems In The Future That You Can See? I'm Really Happy With The Set Up I Have Now Using Source 2.2.3 And The App Version Before This Update. I Would Use Your Suggestion Of Copying The Old App From iTunes, Downloading The New App, Testing And Switch Back If I Have Problems, Unfortunately, Some Setting In iTunes For Some Reason Won't Allow Me To Sync Apps TO My Phone Only FROM It. I've Been In Contact With Apple But Still Can't Fix The Problem And I'm Afraid Of Losing Everything In The Process. Would Updating My 3GS With iOS5 And Then Running The New Versions Of The App And Source Be Stable?  Anyway, Thanks Again For You Time And Incredible Tech Support!

Ryan

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 09:36:12 AM »
There shouldn't be any problem if you choose not to update, and since we generally update our devices to the latest supported version we are not going to be able to test it on the 3GS with iOS 4.3.1. (We do have an iPhone 4 that is running iOS 4.3.5 that doesn't have any issues, though.)

We have tested it with iOS 5 on the 3GS and have not had any issues.