Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 1952 times)

vickivuke

• View Profile
Windows 7
« on: August 08, 2011, 11:17:04 AM »
I cant not open I cam on my PC anymore. It worked about a month ago. I tried to unistall and reinstall the latest version but I still can't open it. I am out of town and have my dog in a hotel room and need to keep an eye on him.

Thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 12:20:32 PM »
It sounds like the iCamSource window may be hidden. When you close the iCamSource window, the iCamSource program still runs in the background. If the iCamSource window is hidden, there will be a small iCamSource icon in the Menubar(Mac) or System Tray (Windows). The icon is a small version of the iCam icon (camera lens). From this icon, you can stop, start, or quit iCamSource. If you select "Preferences" it will display the iCamSource window.

vickivuke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 12:38:29 PM »
Ok That worked for a minute.
When I went down the hall to check my IPhone app. I got this error message:
One or more of the Icam sources returned by the ICam Broker Server could not be connected to

and now the camera seems to have stopped
Thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 06:22:51 PM »
Is your webcam plugged into a USB hub or extension cable? If so, please try plugging it directly into the computer.

Make sure that Windows is fully updated through Windows Update and that you have the latest drivers installed for your webcam.

Also, please make sure there aren't any other video capture programs (such as Skype) running. They might be fighting iCamSource for access to the camera.

vickivuke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 08:16:44 PM »
Still is not working. The pc is using the hotel's wifi :-\

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 08:25:47 PM »
In the past, icamsource.exe has crashed on me when I did not have port forwarding configured correctly. After I fixed the port forwarding, icamsource.exe has been rock-solid. Since you're in a hotel, it is unlikely that they have uPNP enabled on their network...meaning that icamsource.exe probably can't automatically set up the port forwarding. In icamsource.exe, you have "router auto-config" checked or unchecked? If checked, try unchecking it and restarting icamsource. Also, if it is a port forwarding issue, I've had luck in the past getting one camera to work...it's when multiple cameras are used that things start going back. So try using only one camera and restart icamsource.

vickivuke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 03:36:11 PM »
I only have one camera on the PC but there are four popping up on the iPhone app.
Will I be able to do port forwarding in the hotel?

Thanks

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 08:46:50 PM »
Doubtful, since you don't have the ability to edit the router's settings. Did you try running icamsource with and without the router auto-config enabled? Did one of them give you consistent results? While there will be a grid with 4 cells, only one cell should have an image in it since you only have one camera. If you see multiple camera feeds (which aren't yours), then that means you are using the same username/password as someone else. You need to pick a unique/secure username and password.