Author Topic: Next Version of iCamSource  (Read 8109 times)

visprar

• View Profile
Next Version of iCamSource
« on: September 22, 2010, 09:23:11 PM »
Looking forward to version 3 of iCamSource. Some features that I think will be useful

- Capture Motion Detection and Play a file (if 10 motions in 5 minutes then play a audio file ... like alarm.wav)
- Fine grain control of alert, same as above, configurable to users desire..only alert if X number of motions with Y minutes.
- Schedule control via iphone

Feel free to add other features that you think might be useful. Will also ask Stefan if he can share what his priorities are...

trittze

• View Profile
Re: Next Version of iCamSource
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 07:46:11 AM »
I'd also like to see options for Pan and Tilt cameras, such as with the Logitech Quickcam Orbit. Anyone know if that could be a possibility with the next update??
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 07:48:31 AM by trittze »

dolled

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 08:07:50 AM »
24h option...

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 12:34:28 PM »
We haven't yet finalized a list of features to implement next with iCam, but please keep the suggestions coming. :)

visprar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 11:25:54 PM »
The requirement for the sound alarm is as follows (sounds a lil complex at first)

Motivation - To make the iCam/iCamSource app to a full fledged security system. Control of sound alarm is with the iPhone App (iCAM)

Setup -- User loads a sound file (any alarm sound file) into iCamSource and starts the system. The system gives the user X mins to leave the house. Once X mins are done the sound alarm is ACTIVE.

Trigger -- If motion is detected, user has within 30 seconds (Configurable) to come and deactivate the sound alarm (or he could have deactivated using the iPhone app. If the trigger takes place, the sound system starts sounding and the intruder runs away (hopefully). The home owner is alerted in the meanwhile and he can deactivate the alarm using his iPhone.

Activation/de-activation of the alarm system can be done using the iPhone app.

Sounds complex, but this is the ultimate security feature that can make this APP the #1 in Security. Be prepared to be bought out by ADT for millions then (although not a good idea for customers like me). Willing to participate in a BETA if reqd.

twink

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 06:40:18 AM »
Enhancements that I would like to see:

1) The ability to mask certain areas in the frame where motion detection should be ignored. For example, I have a reflection from a window that triggers a motion event when a car drives by. I would like to "paint" over the window and save it. This could also reduce the CPU load on doing the motion checking as the area being compared would be reduced. I still want to see the window in the recorded frames however.
2) Record before and after a motion event. I would like to have a setting where I can specify the number of seconds to record both before and after a motion event occurs. This helps to identify the direction the person came from/went to and puts the motion event in more context.
3) Review motion events from within iCamsource. I would like to be able to view motion events in iCamsource the way I view them on the iPhone rather than looking through a bunch of folders. It would be nice to also be able to export selected sections of them to an AVI or MPG file. It would also be nice to have a checkbox next to each folder that I could check and then do a global delete after viewing.
4) Restart iCam source from the iPhone. I generally run 4 USB cameras and will now probably expand to 6. Occasionally I will have a camera that goes off line and I must manually stop iCamsource and restart it. Today I use RDM+Lite on my iPhone to do a remote connection and to reset iCamsource. But a little reset button would be a lot nicer. (Or maybe, iCamsource could "sense" that a camera had stopped and attempt to restart it. Using a USB analyzer, I see where normally I have a 5mb/s stream per camera, it drops to 50 b/s or so when the camera drops).
5) Reduce the number of folders generated not to exceed 1 per hour. Right now each motion event generates a folder, many with only a single frame or two. I think it would be easier to search and use if you only generated a unique folder once per hour. I think it would also speed up the display on the iPhone since the index would be reduced in size.
6) Allow for a camera settings tab in iCamsource for UVC supported cameras. I'm not sure what all is available within UVC, but ManyCam allows zoom and exposure settings for UVC. I presume you could match what ManyCam does.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 07:16:17 AM by twink »

icam-c-u

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 12:30:37 AM »
Additional features I would like to request:

1) Optional passcode on entry to iCam.

2) Ability to enable/disable specific cameras.
After running iCamSource, iCam to pick up list of cameras in preferences section to give ability to enable/disable specific cameras - not to actually stop a camera but to remove from mosaic view, as I am constantly showing off iCam to friends and family, I may not want them to see a certain camera(s).

3) Audio support for IP cameras.
Ideal for baby monitor or door entry intercom.

4) iCam to display cameras in order they were set up in iCamSource.

5) iCamSource GUI similar to Foscam?

6) Sneaky peak at your future features list :-)

Additional YES vote for:

A) User specific motion detection areas.

B) Ability to pan/tilt/zoom.

C) iCamSource to auto restart.
After lost Internet connection or lost connection to certain camera.

OldManInFL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 08:33:36 AM »
I would like to be able to change all of the the settings on the PC from the iphone.

setharp

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 03:34:56 PM »
I would love to be able to adjust the time before my iPhone goes to sleep and requires me to log back into it and wait for iCam to appear. I realize this is a battery conservation issue and probably due to the iPhone instead of iCam.

If there was an audible warning that the iPhone was about to sleep and lose the iCam display, that would save a bunch of trouble. Again, probably an Apple/iPhone thing.

AUTO LOCK OVERRIDE.  DUH.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 12:07:49 AM by setharp »

visprar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 10:05:17 PM »
SK and JM - Is there a sneak peek of the features in upcoming versions. Will be good for us fans who log in 2-3 times a day following this fantastic app.

craskul

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 05:48:05 PM »
I'd also like to see the ability to trigger an audio event, similar to triggering a motion event. Another feature that would be nice would be to have the motion/audio trigger record the audio/video to the computer so that it is viewable later.

griffin7

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 10:27:27 PM »
Hi, I'm a long time user of iCam with three IP cams (2 Zavios, 1 Foscam) and have chosen to reinstall version 1 because I was disappointed at not having the option in version 2 to multiplex, that is to monitor all my cams simultaneously on my desktop screen.  The old version allows (or rather requires) you to open multiple iCam sources for multiple cams, thereby allowing a type of multiplexing.  The new version seems to consolidate all cams to one iCam source but without the option to monitor multiple cams simultaneously.  In my opinion, this might be more streamlined, but sadly less functional.  Is there any light at the end of the tunnel for this concern/issue? :(

Thanks!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 08:39:32 AM »
The iCamSource itself wasn't really intended as a camera monitoring application, unfortunately. One solution could be to open an iCamWeb connection on the same computer: http://skjm.com/icam/web/

lostforever57

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 04:10:41 PM »
One feature of iCam is "schedule".. that allows to send record events at specific days and times for each camera.

- I think you should consider to add another kind of "schedule connection": turn ON the camera at specific day and times.
(I know, for example, that every day from 8am to 7pm I'm out… it would be nice if the software "starts on" my camera... (sometimes I forget to do it).

- Another feature: the possibility to conect iCamSource from iphone, when I forget to do it at home.

Actually when I forget to connect my camera at home, I use Teamviewer.

Regards.

PS: sorry my bad English :-(

LabradorNYC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 09:17:20 AM »
Audio over IP cameras would be excellent, especially with visual audio levels (audio off but bar levels like on many nanny cams) and with audio alerts.

Second, may not be possible in any sense but integration with VitaminD video. Might be more on their side but the ability to use icam recorded video with the VitaminD processing and review features would be absolutely excellent. Might be worthwhile talking to them before the develop their own iPhone app