Author Topic: Fading in and out  (Read 7253 times)

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fading in and out
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 09:42:56 PM »
It sounds like only the active account has access to the microphone.  Actually, the video also works that way in Snow Leopard, so it's not too surprising to see that behavior with the audio as well. 

setharp

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 05:45:29 PM »
Actually, it seems that whichever iCam Source is launched first, that is supplying the video for both accounts regardless of which is "active" and only the first account has audio. Even if the iCam Source #2 is QUIT/OFF/not running/uninstalled, if we're logged into Account 2 on the computer, we see the video from iCam Source #1 that is set up on Account 1. It doesn't matter what audio setting I have on the 2nd iCam Source to launch.

Since both computer accounts are using the same USB camera, this would be great... IF the audio worked for both accounts. But I lose the audio in the 2nd account rendering the program useless for me half the time.

The microphone is a built in mic on the face of iMac display. Do you think a 2nd camera with audio or a 2nd mic or just an external/not built in mic would solve this?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 10:05:35 PM »
If it's determined by which iCamSource is launched first, then a 2nd microphone would probably work.  If it's determined by which account is active, then a 2nd mic probably won't work.

setharp

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 12:08:58 AM »
Added a 2nd mic, external usb. No joy.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2010, 11:26:34 AM »
How is it behaving?  Are you getting any sound at all from the new mic?  Do you hear sound in iCam when that account is active and no sound when the account isn't active?