Author Topic: No Sources Found  (Read 2022 times)

macmanrec

• View Profile
No Sources Found
« on: June 21, 2010, 08:06:48 AM »
I have been using iCam for a few months now. I just recently formatted my Macbook's hard drive and re-installed Snow Leopard. I also reinstalled iCam Source. Typed in my username and password, and my iPhone 3gS was not finding the camera. I tried on my home WiFi and on 3g but it wouldn't find my camera. I even uninstalled and reinstalled iCam on my iPhone. But it still doesn't work. But when I log into the iCam web interface on my Mac mini, the camera comes up right away. So what could be my problem?

macmanrec

• View Profile
Re: No Sources Found
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 08:59:36 AM »
Ok, when I open the iPhone app, the "Number Connected" on the iCam Source goes from "0" to "1". But then, I get  "Server Connection Error" "One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:45:53 AM »
Did it work via 3g before the reformat? Maybe changing the username and/or password in both icamsource and in the iCam app will reset some stored connection data (if there is any) and get it to function properly again? If that doesn't work, it sounds like you might need to set up port forwarding or use the new uPNP feature after enabling uPNP in the router. I would recommend researching potential security issues by enabling uPNP on the router before you choose to do that, though...that way you know the risks and what you can do to minimize any risks.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 10:01:34 PM »
macmanrec - The new BETA version of iCamSource that OUAnthony is referring to is available for download at:

Windows:  http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup1.4.2.6.exe

Mac Version - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource1.4.2.6.dmg

If you check the Auto-Config Router checkbox before clicking the Start button, the iCamSource will attempt to automatically forward a port in your router. When you click the Start button, what status message appears above the Auto-Config Router Port checkbox?

If you're still getting the Source Connection Error with the new BETA version of iCamSource, please email a screenshot of your iCamSource window to support@skjm.com.  Please refer to this forum thread in your email.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 09:40:00 PM by Stefan »