Author Topic: FS: Wireless USB Camera (allows you to be wireless and have sound in your feed)  (Read 2048 times)

ninermac

• View Profile
I bought this camera last year to use it for a baby monitor.  It's got a wireless usb adapter making it effectively a wireless camera that operates as if it's connected via USB.  This means you easily get sound on your iCam app with it...

Anyhow, perfect condition, just thought I'd mention it here and give someone a chance at it without going through the trouble of Ebay.

It's now $75 at Amazon, but I'll part with it for $55 including shipping.  I paid much more originally. Link at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Bambino-Wireless-Internet-Monitor-required/dp/B003104LP6

Sorry if this against the rules of the forum, and I understand if you need to pull this down.  Just wanted to give someone a decent deal on a cam that works great with this product.

You can contact me at ninermac at gmail dot com.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
I read some of the reviews. It sounds like the camera only works with a particular software. Or is this software only used to essentially do the same thing that icamsource does?

I also saw issues about the camera disconnecting every 5-10 minutes. Any idea if this was hardware-based? Or was it the crappy software mentioned above? One user stated that the audio sounded like the mic was underwater.

Have you experienced any of these issues? If not, why are you getting rid of it? Just curious.

SKJM guys, I know users have experienced issues with multiple webcams due to power issues at the USB hub. Do you think these wireless cams would probably suffer the same issues?

Thanks!

ninermac

• View Profile
Essentially the software that comes with it is not that great, hence the reviews.  Seemed to work fine with the iCam setup for me.  When using this for iCam, you wouldn't be using the included software, I'd have to hunt it down myself to include it as I installed it originally and then uninstalled it.  The only reason I kept the cam was because of this software and site here.  Great app ans service here...

Only reason I'm selling it is it got very little if any use for our purpose.  A sony audio monitor turned out much better, given to us as a shower gift.

This cam was very cool in catching the dog throwing the cat food all over the house.  We could never figure out whether it was the cat or dog as it happened every time we left the house.  I set this cam up wireless with the motion detection enabled and caught her in the act, lol.

Anyway, all I ended up doing was playing with the cam mostly...

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OUAnthony - I would guess that it would have the same issues, but you never know until you try.  It's possible that it requires less power since it doesn't need to power the camera, on the other hand, it might need more power to handle the wireless communication.