Author Topic: IcamSource suddenly stops running.....  (Read 2201 times)

Nelson0000

• View Profile
IcamSource suddenly stops running.....
« on: September 13, 2011, 02:07:30 AM »
Hi

All had been running smoothly till recently on my mac min (Lion 2.3Ghz 8g Ram) running Icamsource v2.2.3 on my iphone/ipad i now keep getting the following error "No Sources Found, There are currently no running Icamsources... When i check my mac mini i notice the icamsource app is no longer on the top bar with the other running applications and has stopped i then re-start the app and runs for awhile then seems to close?? all was working fine before, I have two Cameras connected 1 IP and the other a USB which they seem to be ok and working.(ps. im very new to mac and finding my way round on the operating system)

Any idea what would cause the icamsource to stop running

Thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: IcamSource suddenly stops running.....
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 12:12:02 PM »
If iCamSource is crashing, there should be crash logs.

The crash logs would be in:

/Users/<Your Username>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

or in:

/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

If you have Mac OS 10.6.3, I think they moved the crash logs to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports or /Users/<YourUsername>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

If you find crash logs, please send the most recent one to support@skjm.com. In your email please reference your username and this post.

Also, you can close the iCamSource application and then deleting your com.skjm.icamsource.plist file in your Library/Preferences folder in your home folder. Then, when you re-start the

iCamSource, you will be starting with a fresh set of preferences, and hopefully things will act as expected. Lion hides the ~/Library directory for some reason. You can get to that directory

by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you're holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices

available. You should choose Library, then open the Preferences folder. The plist file will be in there.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:36:30 PM by SKJM Support »

Nelson0000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 04:04:52 PM »
I have check for logs as instructed but there are no on the folder.. So decided to do some testing over few days I disconnected my airlink 747w ip cam and left the USB one connected and kept checking over period of days and all was ok as as I connected ip cam back within few hrs Icam source had stopped so defo looks like ip camera is the issue

Any idea of cause or fix (using mac mini lion 8g ram)

Ta

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 10:39:56 PM »
What is the FPS setting is for each camera? Please reduce each one to 5 FPS.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:09:36 PM by SKJM Support »