Author Topic: I can see someone else's Icam stream!?  (Read 1873 times)

James Kirk

• View Profile
I can see someone else's Icam stream!?
« on: September 10, 2012, 01:57:56 PM »
Turned on my iphone this morning and I received a push notification. "motion detected" clicked on it and it's some else's Icam stream. He can I let them know? Doesn't give me any faith in using the app/software anymore. I can still see it now. Plus all the images it has captured at specific motion events. What can I do! Help. I don't know where the stream is coming from.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:44:49 PM by James Kirk »

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: I can see someone else's Icam stream!?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 03:23:53 PM »
Either you didn't select a unique and secure username/password combination, or you have a mental twin out there. It's just like any other system out there...only as secure as your password (and username, in this case). You could post the username only that you are using, and hopefully the other person with that username will read this thread and realize that they need beef up their password. Try for a unique username that nobody else would think of, and come up with a secure password that uses letters and numbers at the very least. If you use CaptKirk as your username and Enterprise as your password, a significant percentage of Trekies are going to see your feed (and vice versa)....so don't use a password that is related to the username. Hope this helps. You really can't be careful enough when it comes to passwords and online security. You should also use this advice for your online banking account, etc.