Author Topic: Logitech Quickcam pro 4000 on mac - not working  (Read 2130 times)

RexTheRunt

• View Profile
Logitech Quickcam pro 4000 on mac - not working
« on: February 09, 2012, 09:03:22 AM »
Hi there

I've seen a few posts about people struggling to get the Logitech Quickcam pro 4000 working on PC.  I'm on a mac and have tried two different operating systems without success.

On iMac with OS X 10.7 my built-in camera works, but the Quickcam doesn't.  I've tried installing Macam component to get the camera to operate, and it worked for a while, but the image was totally blurred.

On a Powerbook PPC I cannot get the ICam Source application to start while the camera is plugged in.  The app crashes before the preference pane appears.  This is the operating system I'd prefer to use with this camera (not the iMac).  The app will start if no USB camera is plugged in.

The camera works perfectly with the Logitech software suite, but you can't run any other applications while that's running. 

I'd appreciate any help!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Logitech Quickcam pro 4000 on mac - not working
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 10:14:15 PM »

Is your webcam plugged into a USB hub or extension cable? If so, please try plugging it directly into the computer.

Please make sure there aren't any other video capture programs (such as Skype) running. They might be fighting iCamSource for access to the camera.

Also, if iCamSource is crashing, there should be crash logs.

The crash logs would be in:

/Users/<Your Username>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

or in:

/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

If you are running Mac OS 10.6.3: they moved the crash logs to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports or /Users/<YourUsername>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

If you are running Lion: it hides the ~/Library directory for some reason. You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you're holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log. The crash logs should be there.

If you find crash logs, please send the most recent one to support@skjm.com and reference this post and your username.