Author Topic: Swann Wireless Cameras  (Read 9335 times)

MsValerie

• View Profile
Swann Wireless Cameras
« on: May 03, 2010, 07:44:18 PM »
I have webcams running iCam in my home and in my office, one word people AWESOME.  ;D 

So easy to install, someone like me (not technologically gifted) had absolutely no problem.  Everytime I have a customer in the office I check out what phone they have and if its an iPhone I make sure they know about iCam.

Sadly, my office has been having some issues with vandalism and I'm looking to set up a surveillance camera outside. 

I have Swann NightHawk Wireless Color Cameras (SW-P-WOC2) at home and they work great for what I need them to do.

My question is, can I use them with iCam?  If not, what do you recommend.

Thank you.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Swann Wireless Cameras
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 12:21:59 AM »
That particular model appears to be a 2.4 GHz wireless system, similar to cordless phones.  iCamSource supports Wi-Fi cameras that output MJPEG formatted data.

We currently own and use the following Wi-Fi cameras which are compatible with the iCamSource:

Linksys WVC54GCA - http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/WVC54GCA
AirLink101 SkyIPCam500W - http://www.airlink101.com/products/aicn500w.php
AirLink101 SkyIPCam747W - http://www.airlink101.com/products/aicn747w.php

So far, we haven't had any problem with any of those models.

MsValerie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 12:45:02 PM »
Fabulous

I am going to purchase those cameras right now. 

Can't thank you and your team and everyone involved with Icam enough on how much this system is giving a great feeling of peace.

;D

GRF493

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 12:28:25 PM »
I was wondering what wireless cameras could be used, since I don't want to run wires all over my house. I just checked the Linksys website for the camera you recommended (WVC54GCA) and its not listed. All that is listed is an "80N' model for $140.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 09:09:44 PM »
Yes, the WVC80N is also compatible. I believe it is basically the same as the WVC54GCA except with the addition of the faster 802.11n support as opposed to just 802.11g

MsValerie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 01:16:59 PM »
Hello, me again  ;D

I'm looking to purchase the Linksys WVC80N Wireless-N Camera that you have suggested.  My only issue is that the camera is going to be inside the office looking outside and I am wondering if there is going to be a glare issue with the window.  Please let me know if you are aware of any such issue and maybe an alternative suggesting where the issue may not occur.

Again, thanks for your help.

MsValerie

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 01:27:38 AM »
I suppose there could be a glare issue depending on the lighting conditions , the angle of the camera, etc.  I think the glare would be the same regardless of what kind of camera you get. Generally, if you're getting a glare, you can move the camera around until it's in a position that it doesn't get a glare.

MsValerie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 08:11:47 PM »
Bought the AirLink camera, took 5 minutes to run through the setup, linked it to iCam  ;D FABULOUS - no glare, perfect picture, excellent sound

thank you, thank you, thank you  ;D