Author Topic: icam source crashes on windows 8.1  (Read 6425 times)

sotos_2002

• View Profile
icam source crashes on windows 8.1
« on: May 26, 2014, 04:24:39 AM »
Hello i had no problem so far with icam source, but about 2 weeks ago it started crashing after a while on my windows 8.1
No messages, i just going to check and the tray icon isn't there...

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: icam source crashes on windows 8.1
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 05:11:58 AM »
Is your webcam plugged into a USB hub or extension cable? If so, please try plugging it directly into the computer.

Make sure that Windows is fully updated through Windows Update and that you have the latest drivers installed for your webcam.

Also, please make sure there aren’t any other video capture programs (such as Skype) running. They might be fighting iCamSource for access to the camera.

sotos_2002

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 03:39:26 AM »
I did all of these but the problem remains...

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 06:26:48 PM »
It’s possible that the registry key has somehow gotten into a bad state.

Please download and run (double-click) this file: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

That will erase the current iCamSource settings in your registry. You will need to re-enter all of your settings, but hopefully the problem will be resolved if it’s due to a problem in the registry.

sotos_2002

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 07:03:08 AM »
I tried it but the error remains... I also formatted my pc and there problem remains even with a clean windows installation.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 08:44:36 PM »
It’s possible that the registry key has somehow gotten into a bad state.

Please download and run (double-click) this file: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

That will erase the current iCamSource settings in your registry. You will need to re-enter all of your settings, but hopefully the problem will be resolved if it’s due to a problem in the registry.

sotos_2002

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 12:12:09 AM »
I mentioned bellow that I tried this method, but nothing...

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 07:35:14 PM »
Not sure if this problem still exists, but in the past, icamsource.exe would sometimes crash on me if I did not have my port forwarding set up correctly. When I would open iCam on my phone, it would attempt to connect to icamsource. My network settings (on the router and/or in icamsource) prevented a successful connection...and icamsource would crash. Is icamsource crashing only when you open iCam on your phone/iPad? If the crash happens regardless of if the iCam app is open, have you made sure that it's not a driver issue with one of your USB cameras or built-in cameras (assuming you have one)? If you don't have any USB or built-in cameras, and/or it's not occurring only when iCam is open, then I am at a loss. If you have firewall software, have you tried temporarily disabling it to see if it crashes with the firewall disabled?

sotos_2002

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 04:17:21 AM »
Mine works fine but it crashes randomly... For example it was working yesterday for two hours and the crashed.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 11:37:33 AM »
Is your computer configured not to go to sleep?  Sometimes the computer going to sleep can cause the program to lose connection with the camera when it wakes up.

Also, what is the Brand/Model of your camera(s)?

sotos_2002

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 04:41:57 PM »
Had the same settings about going to sleep, screensaver etc before and it worked fine.
The problem appeared suddenly...

My webcam is logitech c270

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 04:05:22 PM »
Sorry, just noticed this reply.

In the past, crashes that happen a while after starting iCamSource have been caused by two different things, issues with USB hardware (port, cables, etc.) and  other programs fighting for control of the camera.  I know these have already been brought up, but there are a few more things we can check out .

The easiest thing to try is to plug the webcam into a different USB port on the computer itself (not a port on a USB hub).  If that doesn't work, check the USB plug on the webcam itself.  Does it appear dirty or corroded?  If so, you could try cleaning it to make a better connection.

Regarding other video capture programs, there are a range of programs that capture video that could be conflicting with iCamSource, such as the Logitech software that came with the webcam or programs such as Skype.  If you have any programs like that running, please disable them temporarily to see if they have any effect on the problem.

Also, you mentioned that you have the same sleep settings that you had before.  Is your computer currently configured to go to sleep after a period of time?  The screensaver shouldn't effect iCamSource at all.