Author Topic: iCamSource Image Event storage  (Read 2174 times)

mattpayerle

• View Profile
iCamSource Image Event storage
« on: March 25, 2014, 11:43:55 AM »
Hey all,

This is an awesome app/program.  I am really enjoying all of the awesome capabilities!  The one question I have that I have searched for is about the Image event storage.  I Know the items are stored under %userprofile%/Pictures/iCam/<long string>/<timestamp> however, I was wondering if there was a way to consolidate all of those images into just one folder rather than under the image event folders.  Is this possible?  Is this a feature I can request so that it gives you a choice if this is something you can select and save?  Just curious, and great work on this!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource Image Event storage
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 10:11:30 AM »
Unfortunately, the folders can't be consolidated because the iCamSource program uses the folder names to determine the ID of the camera and the date/time of the event.

mattpayerle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 04:09:45 PM »
Ah, ok, well good to know.  Any chance there would be a feature request for this to perhaps even just disable the image event all together and have it dump to a single folder?  This would eliminate the need to set that equal to 1 as well. Just a thought.  Thanks for the feed back!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 02:23:28 PM »
Currently, the functionality for viewing recordings in iCam is built around the concept of events, so we can't dump the images into a single folder without reworking the recording functionality. 

One thing you can do if you want to see all of the recorded images is browse to the iCamSource Motion Events folder using Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) and do a search for ".jpg".  That will list out all of the images in all of the events.