Author Topic: iPhone 5 Support?  (Read 3989 times)

glitch82

• View Profile
iPhone 5 Support?
« on: October 16, 2012, 10:20:27 AM »
Thanks for such a great product.  It works reliably and is great for monitoring my room.  Can we expect iPhone 5 support anytime soon?  That way it will use up the entire screen real estate for a better viewing experience.  Thanks again.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 5 Support?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 10:36:46 PM »
We have no immediate plans since iCam is a landscape application that deals with 4:3 aspect ratio video and images (not 16:9 widescreen). However, we will still likely include support for the larger display when we release our next iCam update.

35remington

• View Profile
iPhone 5 Support?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 02:52:41 PM »
Seriously? What a joke! Lack of portrait support is one of the greatest frustrations of using your product.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 06:23:21 PM »
Support for the iPhone 5's new screen size doesn't really have anything to do with portrait support, especially since Apple didn't release a dock for the new phone.

Portrait support is something we may implement in a future update, but we usually try to consider new features that will benefit the majority of our users.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 03:23:30 AM »
The video feeds would be tiny in portrait mode, wouldn't they? Like barely half the size of the video in landscape mode?

earlca6

• View Profile
Re: iPhone 5 Support? Works on my iPhone5
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 05:42:15 PM »
Why do you think iPhone 5 not supported?  Works perfect with AT&T.

35remington

• View Profile
iPhone 5 Support?
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 05:26:02 AM »
The video feeds would be tiny in portrait mode, wouldn't they? Like barely half the size of the video in landscape mode?

You tell me.

35remington

• View Profile
iPhone 5 Support?
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 05:31:38 AM »
Support for the iPhone 5's new screen size doesn't really have anything to do with portrait support, especially since Apple didn't release a dock for the new phone.

Portrait support is something we may implement in a future update, but we usually try to consider new features that will benefit the majority of our users.

That makes sense, since the only time a user has their phone in portrait mode is when it's on a dock. Oh wait, no.

It hurts no one to offer portrait support for your product. For those who do not wish to use it, a simple landscape orientation lock slider could be added.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 08:26:36 AM »
It hurts no one to offer portrait support for your product. For those who do not wish to use it, a simple landscape orientation lock slider could be added.

We don't prioritize development for features that the majority of our users won't care about.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 09:27:49 AM »
Looks good to me. Add me to the list of those requesting portrait support. It would be nice, mainly when using a dock as stated. Just gotta get enough support for it, 35remington.

SKJM, would you guys consider taking a poll of your registered forum users (send poll link to their provided e-mail addresses) to help prioritize future feature development (after you've narrowed down the list to feasible candidates/etc)? I know most users are nowhere nearly as active on the forums as I am, and aren't as likely to read through or respond to feature requests buried in the forum. Just an idea...

You tell me.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 09:55:02 AM »
We currently keep track of all of the feature requests received through the forum, e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, etc., and use the frequency of those requests to gauge interest.

As for the portrait view, it will likely be implented in a future update, but it is not currently our highest priority.

35remington

• View Profile
iPhone 5 Support?
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 08:20:15 PM »
"If I had asked my customers what they wanted, they would've told me a faster horse." -Henry Ford