Author Topic: iOS6 Compatibility  (Read 4285 times)

rkivz

• View Profile
iOS6 Compatibility
« on: September 13, 2012, 01:08:58 AM »
Hello Everyone!
 Just Have A Quick Question. Can Any Anticipate Any Problems With The Upcoming iOS6 Upgrade For Apple Devices And iCam? Just Wanted To Make Sure This Superb App Will Continue To Work Perfectly If I Make The Upgrade Or Purchase The iPhone 5.

Thank You As Always For Your Time And Assistance!

Ryan

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iOS6 Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 09:45:45 AM »
We are releasing an update today (verson 2.1.3) that addresses the few compatibility issues that were found in iOS 6.

35remington

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 07:03:07 PM »
What are the "improvements" you mentioned in the update's release notes?

35remington

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 06:00:09 PM »
No?

des16

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 05:47:35 AM »
Ever since I upgraded to iOS6 my webcam only connects sporadically -- I would say 1 out of 25 or 30 times. There seems to be no pattern in terms of when I connect. If I hit the refresh enough times (which I do over the course of maybe an hour or so), it will eventually connect. Otherwise, I get a Source Connection Error. I should add that it was working flawlessly previously. It is possible that the failure and the upgrade to iOS6 is coincidental.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 08:10:07 AM »
What are the "improvements" you mentioned in the update's release notes?

They were simply fixing things that were broken by iOS 6 like the Delete All Motion events functionality not working and the Please Rate notification not going away. The release notes were initially just "iOS 6 Compatibility" but Apple rejected it for mentioning "iOS 6" before it had been released to GM.  ::)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 11:12:18 AM »
Ever since I upgraded to iOS6 my webcam only connects sporadically -- I would say 1 out of 25 or 30 times. There seems to be no pattern in terms of when I connect. If I hit the refresh enough times (which I do over the course of maybe an hour or so), it will eventually connect. Otherwise, I get a Source Connection Error. I should add that it was working flawlessly previously. It is possible that the failure and the upgrade to iOS6 is coincidental.

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let us know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Our iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
des16 got it fixed...it was a port forwarding issue.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 09:50:20 PM »

Thank you OUAnthony  :)

beccaul@live.com

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 06:26:50 AM »
Also have up graded to ios6 just installed Icam showing

Thank you OUAnthony  :)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 05:06:44 PM »
Also have up graded to ios6 just installed Icam showing

What error message are you seeing when you are unable to connect: No Sources Found, Broker Connection Error, or Source Connection Error? Are you having problems connecting when your phone is connected via 3G, WiFi, or both?

For more information about iCam error messages and possible fixes, please go here: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php