Author Topic: Problems with multiple cams  (Read 2953 times)

elica

• View Profile
Problems with multiple cams
« on: January 05, 2011, 12:00:33 PM »
When I add, remove or change cams I get a lot of problems as described in some previous posts.
The audio and video sources are mixed and none or just one cam works.
In the iCamSource preferences window every source (audio and video) is identified by a number followed by the source description.
es. Audio 1 - Logitech...
I noticed that when the number is the same for audio and video for the same cam all is ok. But this happens randomly.
When I have for example:
 Audio 1 - Logitech, Video 2 - Logitech, Audio 2 -  iSight, Video 1 - iSight and try to set the correct sources in the preferences window, none or just one cam works.
I deleted the iCamSources preferences in the Library and start over again but I get the same problems again until (randomly I suppose) I got the number in the correct order. Then closing the preferences window, quitting the application and start again all works fine.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with multiple cams
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 01:43:10 AM »
Please send screenshots of your current iCamSource settings (both cameras) to support@skjm.com.  Please refer to this forum thread in your email.

davidwaynea0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:24:15 AM »
Just tick the bottom left corner on the preferences of icamsource. "Auto config router"
reboot both computer and phone. it should work perfectly after that.

MoraHemma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 06:55:26 AM »
I think there is more to it. I have similar problems. Running two different cam's on USB on a MacMini 2GHz. Seems to have a connection with which sound source is selected, "none" is worse than "internal"... But it's still like random... Lot of irritation.
Problems start already when I don't get a preview of the different cameras, I can't see the image in the preferences pane, and sometimes I see the same image/camera though different cameras is set up in the settings.
I even tried to replace the mini with another newer one, same pattern of the problems.
Would be nice with some kind of "refresh button" so it is possible to feel that iCam really tries to connect to the camera. Or some kind of debug window.
Everything is very stable with one camera though... Probably will have to set up another mini for that  second cam...