Author Topic: error  (Read 2127 times)

upperking

• View Profile
error
« on: March 26, 2011, 08:09:31 AM »
I am using a wintv input source for my composite camera and when I start it on the icam source I get

Error Code 14 - RenderStream Failed.

I know the drivers and sorce are working fine but for some reason Icam source wont run it...

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: error
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 11:57:20 AM »
This error means that the iCamSource is having problems communicating with your webcam.

First make sure that there are no other applications attempting to use the webcam at the same time as the iCamSource. Make sure that your webcam is plugged directly into your computer, and not into a USB hub. If it is already plugged directly into your computer, try plugging it in to a different USB port.

Next, try rebooting your computer. If you are still having issues, make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your webcam.

It is also possible that the registry key has somehow gotten into a bad state. Please download and run (double-click) this file:
http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg
That will erase the current iCamSource settings in your registry. You will need to re-enter all of your settings, but hopefully the problem will be resolved if it's due to a problem in the registry.

upperking

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 11:37:48 AM »
I tried all the things you listed and its still giving me the error..

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 09:40:50 PM »
Is Windows fully updated through Windows Update?

Also, is your webcam connected through a composite connection? If so, that could potentially be the problem. iCam supports Built-In, FireWire or USB Webcams and DV Cameras as well as select MJPEG-compatible Network IP Cameras.

Some users have reported success with video adapters and capture cards, but many have reported that their devices do not work with iCamSource.

upperking

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 07:45:24 AM »
Yes its attached through a RCA cord from a outside camera.
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=144924&navAction=push#desc