Author Topic: Connecting 2 cameras  (Read 4089 times)

Janethiggins

• View Profile
Connecting 2 cameras
« on: January 03, 2011, 09:21:25 PM »
How do I get iCamsource to recognize my other camera?  I have the new iMac desktop. I can see the Built in isight camera fine, (it's facing me) but when I connect my other clip on iSight external camera (this is facing out into the hallway)  into the firewire port I can see that THAT camera is working when iChat pops up, but it isn't listed as a second camera in iCamsource.  I clicked add camera, but the Video drop down only gives me one choice: Built in iSight.  It doesn't give me a choice that says: iSight.  How do I get both cameras working?

MitchellSlim

• View Profile
Re: Connecting 2 cameras
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 10:41:39 PM »
Get DVRs with a network connection and connect both to the same network. Then each one has its own IP address and you can access either one at any time.

janiemae

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 08:16:26 AM »
What are DVR's?   Sorry,  Im slow this morning and don't know what ya mean.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 12:06:23 PM »
Make sure that no other video capture programs (such as iChat) are running.  They might be preventing iCamSource from accessing the camera.

Have you rebooted your computer since this problem first appeared?  If not, please try rebooting the computer.

driel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 04:02:37 PM »
I have a similar problem that I need help with.  I have a built in isight that is running on my primary iMac.  I am trying to add a firewire isght camera that is on another computer in my home.  CamSource doesn't seem to recognize it and I do not know how to get the URL and Apple is not listed as one of the cameras that iCam supports.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 09:12:47 PM »
Is the iSight plugged directly into the computer and not into a hub or extension cable? If you launch the iCamSource with the iSight plugged in it should appear in the Video drop-down list under the USB / FireWire / Built-In tab. (We own and have tested the iCamSource with the old FireWire iSight as well.)

What version of OS X are you running on your second computer, and do you have all of the latest updates installed?

driel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 08:21:31 AM »
Yes, the second camera is plugged directly into the computer and not a hub.  I am running Mac OS 10.5.8 on the computer with icamsource.  I likely can find the camera on the computer with the camera plugged into it but not on my main computer with icamsource that does not have the camera plugged directly into it.  I have the most up to date software.

driel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 08:25:28 AM »
When I start icamsource it again finds the built in isight camera on the computer running icamsource but not the camera upstairs on the other computer that has the firewire isight camera plugged into it. 

driel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 09:28:11 AM »
I feel stupid.  When I simply start icamsource on both of the computers I can see both cameras on the ipad.  Thanks.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 12:02:29 PM »
Ah yes, you do need to run the iCamSource on whichever computers your webcams are connected to.

Thanks for the update. :)