Author Topic: Almost connected!  (Read 2725 times)

jedimac

• View Profile
Almost connected!
« on: September 09, 2013, 05:07:40 PM »
Get Source connection error (returned by broker server). I get push notifications but when I tried to view the camera it wont connect. I FWD all the ports, autoconfig returns Double NAT, I am running a at&t uverse NVG510 manualy bridged to a Airport extreme. Any suggestions? everything else I have forwarded work fine!

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Almost connected!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 05:30:31 PM »
Double NAT means you have 2 devices acting as routers. Try disabling DHCP and Network Address Translation (NAT) on your secondary router...this will basically convert it from a router into a network switch. Your primary router will handle all of the NAT and the IP address assignments, even for devices behind your secondary router.

jedimac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 08:33:46 PM »
DHCP is not running on the APL EXTREME. Every thing is setup as static and mac address routing. I can seem to route everything but iCam. It seems to communicating as it is accurate in sending push notifications to the devices

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 12:51:15 AM »
Do you have NAT disabled on the secondary router? If I remember correctly (it's been a while since I configured mine), NAT and DHCP are separate features.

jedimac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 08:36:45 PM »
Yeah, I have all the nat turned off in the AT&T modem/router and everything is fwd to the airport. I have OTHER devices forwarded and the function fine.

I get all the push notifications it just won't connect to video. If I disable the port forwarding the pushes stop. I have tried on multiple iOS devices also.

jedimac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 08:38:13 PM »
Forgot to add, I can't connect via wifi on same network either

jedimac

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 09:33:24 PM »
Ok, so my son had a older version 2.2.3 on his mac still and it works, I set him up exactly like my macbook thats running 2.7.1 His works just fine. I went through Mac firewall settings and both are disabled. I will try to move his 2.2.3 over tomorrow evening and see if that solves anything.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 11:32:23 PM »
It sounds like you might be better off configuring manual port forwarding instead of using the auto config feature. What I did on mine...forwarded the ports (ex: UDP ports 12000-12100) from my Verizon modem/router to the IP address of my second router...then forwarded some of those ports (I'm running icamsource on 2 computers) from the second router to the IP address of one of the computers running icamsource, and some of the ports to the IP address of the other computer running icamsource. Then I enabled manual port forwarding in icamsource and typed the corresponding port range in each computer's icamsource. It was a pain, but the only thing I could do if I wanted to use my second router as the primary router (instead of using the FIOS router).

jedimac

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 10:01:13 PM »
Enabled manual port fwd outcome s still the same. I think iwillnstart reinstalling adapters at this point as I feel,its isolated to the machine and not the router.worked fie on a 3rd computer as well.