Author Topic: Lost 3rd camera picture  (Read 3954 times)

Intregliaj

• View Profile
Lost 3rd camera picture
« on: October 26, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »
I had 3 cameras all on different computers working fine, then I lost one. I went on icamsource and that camera looks like it is working, yet still no picture of that camera on my iPad. Why would it stop working? I also tried another camera on yet another PC and still no pic on iPad, icamsource OK. So two out of the 3 cameras work on my iPad.

Intregliaj

• View Profile
Re: Lost 3rd camera picture
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 07:48:52 PM »
OK I ran two icamsource programs on one computer and it works good. I have another lap top that will not let me run two icamsource programs, I click the icon yet another icamsource does not open. Both computers are running Windows XP SP3. Can there be a setting preventing me from running two icamsource programs at the same time on my second computer? Both are IBM T30 laptops.

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
Both cameras are plugged directly into the laptop, no router. Both cameras have their own drivers installed and I can access both cameras running 1 icamsource and select each camera. The problem is I cannot run two icamsources at the same time, only on this second computer. My other laptop can run 2 icamsource programs at the same time.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 09:02:38 PM »
Are you running version 2.0 of later of the iCamSource? If so, then you shouldn't be running multiple instances any more, as that can lead to unexpected results.

You can now connect to multiple cameras from a single instance.

I would suggest running one instance of the latest iCamSource (2.1.5) on each computer, and hopefully you will be able to connect.

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 10:08:52 AM »
I am using icamsource 2.1.5. If I only run one icamsourse, I can select each camera from the drop down, but   The one I select is the one I see on my iPad. How can I select what cameras I see from my iPad? Or is there a way that the icamsource will monitor both cameras at once and send me push notifications?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 03:17:27 PM »
Yes, if you click the "+" button in the iCamSource you can add monitor more than one camera at a time. The additional camera is added to your Cameras list and has its own settings that you can configure.

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 03:26:21 PM »
I did that but get an error "upnp addportmapping error 718 conflict in mapping entry"  then after a few seconds I get " upnp success 12005->12005, but no video gray screen only on the second camera

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 03:27:48 PM »
When I added the second camera, under camera both cameras are named Camera, is that right?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 08:50:54 PM »
Yes, they are both named "camera" by default.

If you are not seeing the video preview for both cameras in the iCamSource after you click the Start button it may be an issue with your computer not being able to power both webcams at once.

Are both webcams plugged directly into the computer as opposed to a USB hub or extension cable?

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 09:26:01 PM »
Yes. Do you know why I can't run two icamsources on one computer, I click the program a second time but it does not run a second icamsource

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 10:55:39 AM »
With iCamSource 2.0 and later it isn't designed to be run more than once, so the latest version (2.1.5) prevents that, as it would overwrite the camera settings if a second instance was launched.

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 02:46:41 PM »
You were right, it was that this laptop could not support 2 cameras, I used a newer laptop and it works great.  THANKS AGAIN, you guys rock. :)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 04:53:39 PM »
Excellent news! :)