Author Topic: Application crash on Mac Snow Leopard (Two Machines)  (Read 1724 times)

crafty184

• View Profile
Application crash on Mac Snow Leopard (Two Machines)
« on: December 31, 2010, 08:01:51 AM »
I have been an iCam user for a long time. I used to have an iPhone and used iCamSource on my two computers at home to keep an eye on things. When I ditched in iPhone, I quit using iCam. Now that the Android app is available, I quickly paid for it and launched iCamSource.

It worked wonderfully, although I never could get audio. No big deal there.

But then my two machines (27" iMac and 15" MBP) reported an update to iCamSource. They both updated to 2.2.

Now every time I launch the application, it works for a moment and then crashes. I have changed nothing about my router (Time Capsule) or Android phone.

I tried everything I could think of, but it would not seem to reason that I need to forward ports if it worked on 1.4.2.6 with no problems.

I suppose I could go back to that version but what fun would that be?

I can get an image on my Android phone (I keep WiFi off to make sure iCamSource is actually hitting server and connecting to phone) but it freezes, as the computer app crashes.

Thanks in advance for your help..

Chris

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Application crash on Mac Snow Leopard (Two Machines)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:00:24 AM »
If iCamSource is crashing, there should be crash logs.

The crash logs would be in:

/Users/<Your Username>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

or in:

/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

If you have Mac OS 10.6.3+, I think they moved the crash logs to  /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports  or  /Users/<Your Username>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

If you find crash logs, please email the most recent one to support@skjm.com.  Please refer to this forum thread in your email.

crafty184

• View Profile
Re: Application crash on Mac Snow Leopard (Two Machines)
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 06:16:04 AM »
Thanks, Jay. I sent the email just now with crash logs and a link to this post.

Yours,

Chris