Author Topic: iCam runs well on 3G but not on Wifi from office(blank screen help)  (Read 2624 times)

Kid lucas

• View Profile
It loads and loads and does not give me a source error just a black blank screen. But I know it's actually running because it picks up motion and notifys me.

At work I have a Verizon westell box.

Thanks

Kid lucas

• View Profile
Re: iCam runs well on 3G but not on Wifi from office(blank screen help)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 03:10:59 PM »
Is there anything I can do in the wifi settings or something, the feed connection is going through, it even captures the motion and stores it so I can see. I'm just not getting a live picture on my wifi

dolled

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 03:20:11 PM »
This is and has been a issue for quite a while now. I thought and hoped it was fixed in the latest build, but it does not seem to be a priority at the Developer...

Hopefully I'm wrong....

,Dolfren

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 07:14:44 PM »
There are several possibilities:

1) Your work network administrator is blocking UDP traffic. Mine does.
2) Your work network administrator is blocking the IP address of your home or the DDNS for your home (if you have one).
3) The network setup at work is complex (using multiple nested routers, etc)...which means the only thing that would help you is to enable uPNP in the router at home and auto configuration in icamsource....or set up manual port forwarding.

The SKJM guys can't control your employers network administrator...or how your work network is set up. I've been on these boards for a while, and I have never seen the SKJM guys ignore someone's request for help...so it seems like their customers and their customer's needs are a priority to them. But with the complexity of networking, not everything is possible/practical...so this isn't a reflection on SKJM.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 09:56:38 PM »
Kid lucas - If you let iCam connect long enough (up to a minute), it should either show video from the webcam or display an error message.  Some of the errors are timeouts, so they can take a little while to appear.

OUAnthony is correct about the possible causes.  If your office network is completely blocking UDP traffic, then you should see a Broker Connection Error message on your phone. If the network is completely blocking UDP, then there isn't anything you can do, other than get the System Administrator to change the network settings.

If the office network is using a complex form of port translation, you should see a Source Connection Error message.  This case can usually be fixed by changing the network configuration on your home router.  Have you tried enabling the Auto-Config Router option in iCamSource?  If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Kid lucas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 12:54:47 PM »
Turned on auto config at home, came to the job with my fingers crossed and it worked! Thanks so much guys