Author Topic: Duplicate Camera Message  (Read 3402 times)

tsgator

• View Profile
Duplicate Camera Message
« on: May 06, 2011, 09:42:23 PM »
I have an HP laptop running Windows Vista. I have used iCam for almost a year just accessing the built-in camera and it has been great.  Now I want to add a USB wired camera (Logitech brand).  I installed the software and iCam Source lists both cameras on the USB drop down, but when I click the + to add the Logitech, it lists as "Camera" and when I click Start I get a "duplicate cameras detected" message.  What am I doing wrong?

sOulbAit

• View Profile
Re: Duplicate Camera Message
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 05:46:36 AM »
Hi tsgator:

I ran into the same problem yesterday, maybe this will help.

When I clicked the "+" button to add a second camera to the list, you will see two cameras now in that list on the left. click on the top one first, then in the middle of the page, select one of the cameras from the pull down menu. Now select the other camera in your list on the left side and then on your pulldown menu select the second camera.

What you are doing is associating the same camera for the two cameras in your left list. That is what is giving you the error.

To make it short, the two cameras on the left have to have a seperate camera to each of them.

Hope this helps. I am new to this, but that is what I found to be the problem.

sOulbAit

tsgator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 06:18:10 AM »
You are my new best friend!! That worked.  Now that you are a guru....next question.  When I plug in the Logitech in the USB, it mutes my computer.  I the Mute icon on my laptop panel turns on even though the speaker icon in the lower right says the speakers are not muted.  The only way to get sound back is to unplug the USB and re-start the computer. 

Any brilliant ideas for that?

sOulbAit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 09:52:35 AM »
Hi tsgator:

Not sure If I can help on this one.

First I would check to see if your webcam had a mute button on it, it may be set to on.

Second I would make sure you have the latest drivers for your webcam, which you can download from there site.

Third I would try a diffrent USB port, some port conflict each other.

and Forth, I dont really have a forth. sorry.

Give those a try and If that does not help. repost with a new title in these forums and maybe some of the techs know what to do.

Glad you got both cameras running.

PS. there is a forth, check to make sure in your program icamsource, where you selected the cameras, just below the pull down for the cameras there is another pull down for the mics, try changing them around to see if it helps.

:)
sOulbAit

pmc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 11:28:38 AM »
I think I made a mistake in that I bought 4 identical usb webcams....duplicate cam message comes up- only one will ever work (in addition to the built in camera) . Is there a way??????- thanks to all on this very helpful forum .

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 02:05:56 PM »
I think I made a mistake in that I bought 4 identical usb webcams....duplicate cam message comes up- only one will ever work (in addition to the built in camera) . Is there a way??????- thanks to all on this very helpful forum .

The duplicate camera message is only shown if the Device ID matches for two or more entries in the Cameras list. In other words, you may have two entries for one of your cameras in the Cameras List instead of the two different cameras. The Device ID is unique for each webcam (even if they are the same Brand/Model).

The solution is to delete one of the duplicate entries and add the other camera from the Video Drop Down Menu.

Do you see both cameras in the Video Drop Down Menu?

pmc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 10:35:55 PM »
I will try ....i bought a dlink 930 on the way home today...if ican get my set-up going both ip an
d usb webcams , my coworkers are impressed with just 2 cams.

Finally got 4 usb cameras and the onboard one to work. ~~~~thanks for the help.No dlink images yet....but I'll try later.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:26:32 PM by pmc »